Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lots more members but less posts - Page 2 - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lots more members but less posts

CarlC

Hi guys

I,ve not posted on here much lately, due to excessive work load, maitenance on esprit which has decided to have one dizzy fit after the other, working on stroppy horse, oh yeh and been busy getting divorced from husband :blink: . But hey I,m still smiling :):);) . So pleeeeeeease mr bibs dont delete me, I promise to try and post more from now on.

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just a combination of the weather and perhaps people's cars are running as already been said.

TBH I'd rather there be less traffic and more Esprits on the road being enjoyed. I always check up here and there everyday (usually taking a break from working on the cars) - a quite forum is not necessarily an unhappy forum.

I just wish there'd be more interest in the events page, look at the Brands Hatch thread :blink:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Cliff ,is that where they put all that Louisianna flood water? :D  :D

....As for Fishy who is now on the Bitter (not as nice a taste as the flood water) :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wayne, didn't think that you'd notice the radioactive labels on the kegs...

But of course, I would only serve Louisiana's very best to my fellow forum elitist! :D

Here's lookin' at ya!

radioactive.jpg

Talking about non-posters what ever became of Paul (Ch*rg*cool*r) C ? :D

Is it true he won the pools, retired and bought himself a stately home? :D

His absence is what is dragging the morals of this place ever lower :)  :P  :P

CareBears.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D

Wayne...

(luck alone i spotted this post!)

Have for the past few weeks had everything i own all boxed up and

waiting for a move date that was

moved several weeks at a time.

All good now though, am moved and

more or less all sorted. Only got

the Esprit here yesterday after

a three week lay up. :D(

Am writing this,and reading the

forum using my mobile phone,

alas i have fingers like sausages

and palms like beefburgers, so

this process is very fustrating.

Expect to be online proper again

by the end of the month-ish.

Unlike the others,the sun (which i

loathe) will see me online more,

with the car being used for only

VERY early morning blasts.

I don't get how people in this country

love burning so much, and i don't

get why i'm the only one that thinks

all the orange ladies look odd...

:D)

Don't forget that as a member only forum peeps need to join simply to browse LEF content.

I'm pretty sure that this will inevitably mean that quite a few 'members' will have joined solely to gain access to the content - possibly on a one-off basis - with no real intention of ever playing an active part in the community. My experience with other forums is that most content is open to the casual browser, with membership only being required to post.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm simply attempting to identify one possible reason for the seemingly disproportionate increase in non-posting members - not trying to make a case for the abandonment of member only access. :D

Edited by Tentenths

Wayne - You've not had anything deleted for months and months as I recall. I can review the exact logs if you think this is wrong. The only things that are deleted are those that break the rules of the forum or are likely to cause offence or upset. It's not a free for all, the rules and standards we maintain are there for  a reason and why this forum is a shining example of friendliness and worldwide unity not often seen online.

graphsummaryareachartphp6dx.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had NOTHING deleted for months! :D:D:D

Bugger me, I must be loosing my touch :)

Take no notice of me Bibs, getting old and moaning for the sake of it :D

Peace brother :D

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I think tentenths is right. A lot of people join up just to read up on Esprits. Those who are seriously thinking of buying ask questions. Those who are just interested keep stumm.

Other people sell their cars and stop looking at the forum or taking part. Some just don't have the time anymore. Sometimes, it can take all my spare time to just catch up on reading posts without adding to them. And Wayne sets such a high standard that it can be intimidating to a new poster. I have spent ages looking for a suitable picture for some posts.

And perhaps others like to follow the old advice, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove it beyond all doubt."

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

And Wayne sets such a high standard that it can be intimidating to a new poster.  I have spent ages looking for a suitable picture for some posts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D:D:D

Bloody hell Trev, me intimidating? :D

High Standard? :D

I always thought Evil Dr. Fish (Robin) is the clever one around here. :)

As I've said before I'm relitively new to the world of the internet, I like people who are passionate about cars (like me), and like a joke(or two).

I think Its great we can all get together and laugh, cry,moan,argue and occasionaly agree about cars we own or like. :P

SUNP0003-1.jpg

And perhaps others like to follow the old advice, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove it beyond all doubt."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...which is why I'll only post if absolutely sure of what I'm on about :D

I refer to myself as 'mechanically disadvantaged' , but enthusiastic about my Esprit. Have owned it not quite a year and have posted umpteen (repeated???) questions about problems I've had.

Since it's been mentioned/requested/demanded a few times, about using the search function instead of posting the same questions, could that contribute to a perceived drop in posts?

Simple enough to perform a search, and not clutter the techie sections, and the odd PM to members has got me very specific information/solutions.

I agree with Wayne that it's great we can all get together and laugh, cry,moan,argue and occasionaly agree about cars we own or like... But as great a facility this forum is, having a bit of banter with someone on-line will never be the same as having a few pints at the local :D (roll-on October @ Hethal...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Truly sage! So many a time have I fallen foul of not heeding such wise words!

But hey, screw it, I'm big enough to take the odd one on the chin (NO KARL :D ) and admit / back down when I'm wrong about the odd lawyer :D

I always thought Evil Dr. Fish (Robin) is the clever one around here. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMFAO! :D Is that in the same sense as when Rachael tells Joey "You're so pretty!" ? :) (I use that on my GF all the time!!! LOL)

Mark, I agree huuugely, Supercar Sunday was proof of that, such an awesome day out, 25% because of nice cars but 75% because of "hangin' wid da bwoyeez!" :D

Soooo looking forward to the Hethel meet - I live sufficiently close to have absolutley no necessity for the B&B but there's NO WAY I'd miss it as I know already that it's going to contribute at least 50% of the stories and legends to emanate forth from the event! I am working on a little something to add to this factor as I type! :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Errr Fishy, I said clever, not good looking :D:D

And lay off all the wild event talk :D

I'm having enough trouble as it is persuading my wife to let me go :D

(strictly an educashunal visit to a car factory dear, and yes I will behave myself)

Herb-at-Woodstock.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I envy Fishy's hair in a horrible way :D Beautiful waves of auburn colored SEX, is what that is :D

"hangin' wid da bwoyeez!"

kilmer.jpg

Slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Alas the girliez say no! :D

Well actually they say yes, yes, YES! :D

...but they know their BF's would say no :D as they know what those two are like when they're let loose together! :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Hi guys!

I am certainly guilty. :lol:

I have finally thrown the towel in and decided that I wanted to drive my pride and joy once in a while. The answer: Buy a Porsche Boxster S :) that is still under driveplan and give up on Lotus ownership.

This is a great forum and I will return often to see what is happening with Lotus.

The forum is probably the only reason I kept the Esprit for so long.

I will miss all the personalities on the forum and would like to thank Bibs and all the guys for their hard work keeping this site rolling.

What a shame Duncan :lol:

Have you driven a Boxster yet?

I bet the two cars must be VERY different experiences?!

(He said trying to subtly imply you'd be bored witless in a porker!! :P )

What about an Elise?!?! :)

(Nice, reliable Toyota engine for you!)

dr fish

Yes, my porker is in the driveway. B)

It is not as hardcore as the Esprit or an Elise, but it is great fun to drive.

The big plus is that I will get to my destination.

I am of the opinion that in the South African market you will lose quite a bit of money on depreciation on a Elise. Porsche in our local market keeps their value better although it will never be an investment. I looked and sat in an Elise at the local dealer (no demo available for test drives), and the sales service was shocking and that was while I was still a prospective customer.

The total opposite was true of the Porsche dealer. Great service up to now.

If you are going to spend a lot of money on a sports car the backup counts a lot.

Ps. Never been a Toyota fan.

Duncan, how could you! :)

Dont you get it, an Esprit is not just for driving, its for maintaining , looking after, admiring, coveting, discussing.

These cars are TOTALLY dependant on us and our knowledge of cars and skills as mechanics :lol:

They are a 4 wheeled equivilent of a nice racehorse, you get out what you are prepared to put in.

The Boxter is a shining example of the motor car as a souless appliance :)

I dont think you will have any fun on the Porsche forums :P

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I agree, I just didn't want to throw rain on his parade! :lol:

Duncan, how could you! :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wayne - Believe me I tried :( ... Shame since Duncan's just got his ride sorted and looking nice. Hope the next owner will bloody well appreciate this.

Well i'm STILL waiting to get back online...

been offline since the start of the

month, won't get a phoneline til

wednesday 28th and THEN i may

have to wait up to fifteen days

for my broadband to come live

again.

Think not that my interest has

dwindled, my patience with the

connection speed of this PDA/

phone has though. :(

It's only the fact i can now walk

to the pub for the first time in

twelve years that keeps me going.

Oh, and the fact i own an Esprit.

Which is nice. :(

Paul, I could have done with your ever diplomatic moderating skills last week mate! :)

Hope your new house is coming along fine :)

I know how stressful, expensive and tiring it can be, been renovating my hovel for the last 10 years. :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

is it me or is there a distinct lack of posting on here at the moment?

normally when i switch off for an hour, there is losts to read or comment on, but while ive been working on the car (should be back on the road next weekend - so expect bad weather!! :P ), its been off most of the day(s) - very little if anything is added :)

any ideas why? is any body out-there?musik40.gif

Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

football, tennis and sunshine I think,

hope you get your car sorted Dave

are you coming to the paul matty do ?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

are you coming to the paul matty do ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

still dont know howard, need to find out when Lisa's barby is for sure as well.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)