Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Pretty sparkly bits.... - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Pretty sparkly bits....

hopo

The verdict really is out on the colour of my car.. Sometimes i like it other times i think it looks pants. I guess the colour is pretty important (well ok so is a working engine...) so was wondering what colours were available and looking for examples. There seem to be the standard colours of White/Black/red then the essex blue etc but im sure there are more out there.

With all this talk of asthetics i was pondering wheels also. They make a huge difference to the car. Im thinking of having my compomotives all silver as oposed to the gold centres. Anyone have any images of said cars? been trying to track down a car in Bronze/copper with silver Compomotives and or BBS wheels to see how it looks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your colour combo is the best for a G Turbo bar none, pleeeeaaaaase don't change it! The gold centred wheels are again intrinsic to the era.

Just sell it to me (if you'll give me first dibs) and buy another one in a different colour. smile.png

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Mark! its paint code A26! sorry for taking an eternity to get this to you. when ive been around the car i kept forgetting to note it down. apologies once again.

Leave it be!, it's an iconic colour for that car.

Now go and write 100 times.

"I must not change the Colour"

Tsk, Tsk

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

If nothing else think of the future, how else are you going to look cool in your 50s with beige slacks, rub on tan and a rug;

Roger_Moore_Lotus.jpg

A26 eh, looks loads different to mine (A29)

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Ha ha great photo!

just to clarify i dont intend to change the colour of the car at all. just wondering what it would look line sans the garish gold wheel centres....

Lotus_Espirit_Turbo_1980.jpg

A far superior esprit wheel...

DSC00285-1.jpg

The gold brings out the stickers

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hopo,

You smoking something again, have them refinished in gold as they were intended. Starting to worry a little about you. First it's shall I put in a wet sump and now this.

Trevor

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

I am all for the gold centres - but I do like the silver compomotives with their black detailing on the wheel spokes - the face is a polished finish but the spokes are black - question is whether it would go with the bronze or not? - I do really like silver with silver wheels though - similar to that fantastic S1 which has just popped up - looks great. H

The silver goes with the essex due to the sidestripe, the gold goes with hopos due to the gold stickers

Amateurs built the Ark

Now Trev we all know that whilst retaining the Dry Sump and thus originality may add to the value of the car in the long run... its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it! (i can confirm however that under the body pannels my Turbo is infact an MR2) A wet sumped engine does not have the achillies heel of the dry sump unit as we all know so in the longer run may be more reliable. I buy my cars to DRIVE and not nessecarily as a comodity to trade on (i do reserve the right to try and flog it for whatever figure i pluck out of the air though!) I cant help but think that a decent Wet sumped unit may be more reliable and i wouldnt have to feel so guilty about wringing its neck.

FYI i could get hold of a second hand HC Turbo engine for it..... but i think i will retain my engine.

with ref to colour if the previous owner intended it to suit them... there really is no accounting for taste. early 80's style is infinately different to now!

• Gold FFM

This one has silver wheels (not compomotive) with a bronze body.

This rather marvellous specimen has chromed wheels - http://www.prestigeimports.com/used/Lotus/1987-Lotus-Esprit-813509840a0a000201bb517cc78aaeb0.htm

Love the go faster decals...

Hopo,

So if the wet sump is a better engine to use and open up when you want, why are you staying with the wet sump? I can't see the dry sump being any worse than the wet sump, unless someone can give me a good reason?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Knowing my luck i will spend a small fortune getting the Dry sump sorted and the pump will fail in the next couple of weeks....

Thats all!