Silverstone classic - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Silverstone classic

nigeninja

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill need to check days or if the whole weekend is gd for me...do you know the details yet, when vehicles need to be there, getting in and out of the site to drop off or pick up cars/owners each day etc...erm.do we stil need to purchase tickets for ourselves or just for passengers? Etc etc..i know shell only ask me all details before I know whether shes interested!

I was thinking of doing the Friday and Saturday,anyone know what the deal is when camping over, do you leave your car on the TLF stand and stroll over to the camp site or do you drive and park your car next to your tent shuriken.gif

Edited by nigeninja

You can walk to the Woodlands camping centre or take the London buses that circulate to the gate. It is quicker to walk generally. If the cars as based in the old paddock area, its about 15 mins trot.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi, Ive been here for the last 4 years, once with my Cobra replica & then twice with my 911. Last year my Wife came so we went in the tintop & just walked in each day.

As long as you book in advance using the code you will be sent a pass along with your tickets to put in the windscreen. The marshals then direct you to the correct part of the circuit by the number, or letter on the pass as you drive in. I have usually attended for all three days, stayed at Whittlebury Park camping, driven in early(ish) on the morning & then driven back to the camp site later in the afternoon & found it very easy. Coming from Whittlebury you enter via the village so miss the traffic on the main road & the pass allows you to bypass the queues for the public carpark.

Probably be in the tintop again this year as well but will make sure I call & say hello.

With regards leaving your car on site, you can usually do this & there is security on but bear in mind the circuit is open on an evening for the concerts & there is is usually a lot of ( drunk ) people around. Parts of the circuit are not lit either so personally I wouldn't leave my car in there.

Some do though & there has been some very nice ( expensive ) machinery parked up all night in the past !

Hope to see some of you there & if I can find a way of getting myslef, Wife, son & his friend along with all the camping stuff in the Esprit I'll be in that smile.png

My Son is learning to drive & wants to attend in his classic Mini so there is hope yet.

Phil.

Left the cars there last year. All safe and sound. Its a bit generalised about the "Drunk" comments and is not something I would scaremonger over ! Sending out the wrong message to those who have not attended before!

Ive been going the last 5 years with cars in attendance. I have left the car on site over night and attended the concerts and have no recollection of any misbehaviour what so ever ?

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Left the cars there last year. All safe and sound. Its a bit generalised about the "Drunk" comments and is not something I would scaremonger over ! Sending out the wrong message to those who have not attended before!

Ive been going the last 5 years with cars in attendance. I have left the car on site over night and attended the concerts and have no recollection of any misbehaviour what so ever ?

I second that comment .

Eddie

Call me mr thicky, but wen you put the code in, it says in brackets after the day options...2xentry + V/Pass. Does this mean that youll automatically recieve tickets for yourself and your passenger in the price for the chosen days...

Hi, I wasn't suggesting it is a rowdy event by any means but last year as we walked back through the circuit there was a gang of teenage kids who had clearly been drinking running around & generally being mischievous. It only takes one muppet to cause a lot of damage to your pride & joy.

I never saw or heard of any cars or property being damaged but personally would not risk leaving my car in the circuit overnight anymore than I would leave it in a public car park all night.

Some would say that there is a risk in leaving your car at a camp site, but I would say it is safer there.

As I've said, I've been for the last four years & each year has been excellent, highly recommended.

Phil.

I was just putting some perspective in Phil. People can easily read into what we write and base their decision to participate (or not) on what we say. Its a great event as you said :)

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Ok so who is camping and where , cos I will be flying solo as per norm and sitting on a camp site on me todd really dont appeal to me,but if there's a bunch of us thats a different story smile.pngshuriken.gif

I'm not sure how many of us are going this year but you'll be quite welcome to join us for a beer if you're camping at Whittlebury

beer.gif

Phil

I was just putting some perspective in Phil. People can easily read into what we write and base their decision to participate (or not) on what we say. Its a great event as you said smile.png

You make a fair point, I certainly wasn't trying to put anyone off, just offering some advice smile.png There was certainly some expensive machinery left there for the whole weekend. It's one thing I like about the event, the fact that you get get up close to some very exotic cars / bikes etc.

Phil.

• 1 month later...

1. Hopo (S3 of some kind)

2. Hopo's dad (S3 of some kind)

3. Skiing (S3 Na with a pretty engine light)

4. Mark B (Stevens Turbo)

5. Bibs (Evora IPS)

6. chipp (elise T49)

just booked for the 3 days

chipp

• 2 weeks later...

1. Hopo (S3 of some kind)

2. Hopo's dad (S3 of some kind)

3. Skiing (S3 Na with a pretty engine light)

4. Mark B (Stevens Turbo)

5. Bibs (Evora IPS)

6. chipp (elise T49)

7. Martyn (Esprit SE)

Just booked Saturday and Sunday

• 2 weeks later...