Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Another Evora en Ecosse - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Another Evora en Ecosse

With Spring now in the air and the lighter nights with us, it seems to be the season for Evora purchasing. Not wanting to miss out I've gone and bought an Evora S; the 2011 yellow demonstrator from MMC.

I didn't expect to be back in an Evora so soon, but a combination of envy from Karen getting a new car, a test drive in the S at the weekend, and a great deal from Brandon left me with an easy decision to make.

I did think about changing the standard wheels for the larger diamond cut ones, but on hearing the price of replacement 20 inch tyres had a second thought.

The Elise will go back to MMC, and the S 2+2, with Premium and custom Tech will be heading over to Fife in a few weeks. I wont have it in time for the April breakfast club, but certainly should do for the May event.

Many thanks to Brandon for organising a great deal, and to Craig for his advice.

Really looking forward to getting into another bright coloured car, and enjoying an Evora again.

Derek

Edited by Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Derek!

Once again my flabber is gasted!

First Al. changes colour and now you are back in an Evora, Oh, I am being left behind.

Stunning colour, but I would say that wouldn't I.

Very nice Derek :)

Brian.... catch up for goodness sake!!!!!

I am still waiting patiently for the Evora S Cabrio IPS but feel I will have a long wait!

Stunning colour, but I would say that wouldn't I.

Kirkcaldy has been without a yellow Evora for too long :)

Trying to tie delivery in with Karen's Z4, so hopefully Andy can hurry along the chaps at the BMW factory.

• Gold FFM

Where's the bloody 'envious' emoticon?

I don't know. You can never find the right bloody emoticon when you need it! :hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Congrats. Lovely car. Even driven it!

Just got my new(er) red one yesterday & loving it. Amazing how much reaction from all directs a simple colour change has done. I'm sure you will love the new one.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 1 month later...

Decided to get the roof painted black, so not collected as yet. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in bumble bee spec.

Just got this photo in from Craig at MMC after the car was delivered back from the body shop. Another big thank you to the team at MMC and Willowbrae Coachworks. Really keen to get my hands on it now.

Evorawithblackroof.jpg

Derek,

Congratulation on the new car , looks absolutely lovely with the black roof.

Did see a Krypton Green one whilst down at Hethel last week, did think about it being the perfect Evora for you/Karen

George

Steve,

Hopefully we'll have it for the breakfast club. If not, I'm sure Brandon would stick the trade plates on and bring it along.

George,

LoL, I think yellow is bright enough for us these days.

Edited by Derek

I managed to get out to MMC tonight to collect the Evora, and am so pleased with how the car looks following a couple of simple changes. The black roof and wheels transfers what was a fairly ordinary Evora into something really special.

Again, a big thanks to Brandon and Craig at Murray Motor Co, and will see you at the Breakfast Club on Sunday.

EvoraSfront.jpg

IMAG0596.jpg

Well I have been thinking long and hard about this for my red one and now think my mind is made up! Luverly! See you later today.

Washed the car tonight (much to detailing mad neighbours shock!) for the first time since taking delivery a few months ago! Have to say I had forgotten how red it was under the filth. I say a car is for driving. :harhar:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

And it's a sunny day so bring your sun glasses to protect you from the glare from these polished cars! :)