Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Festival of Speed pictures - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Festival of Speed pictures

(Posted this here instead of the fos thread incase ppl dont view the Events page)

Festival of Speed is held at Goodwood house owned by Lord Goodwood, some chap from the House of Lords in the UK - he's also a complete petrol head, haha, superb.

So he turns his whole country estate into a hill climb event for a weekend in the summer and invites owners from all over the world to bring their machines to basically race up his driveway B)

You've got anything from bikes to cars, new and old - they all race in the time trials and so on. Further up is the rally circuit which is through the woods there and is pretty amazing to watch as well (although imo you need 2 days at this to see everything).

Enjoy the Photos

Festival of Speed 2006

(anyone wants to see some originals lemme know, all taken in 3000x2000 res)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was torture :(

But I did manage not to lick the Veyron (mainly becuase there was this huge 'Matt Skelton' esque bouncer type guy just out of shot standing next to it paying no attention what soever to the car but clearly there to clobber the living daylights out of anyone who might do anything).

NO Esprits :(

Funny cus I think they still look better than a lot of stuff there, I'd so love to make a Lemans S300 replica and have a go. Even my Esprit didn't make it becuase the alarm is playing up again and it won't let me start it :)

Lotus didn't even have a stand there apart from the classic lotus merchandis stall...I'm guessing it's down to funds but Lotus don't ever seem to be ones to blow their own trumpet. I'd like to see the Esprit concept there one day which would knock the supercar paddock sideways but I very much doubt it.

Paul: My heart was in my mouth taking those, he done exactly what I done with the V8, you could hear the engine rev really high. The thing he did right was to keep the power down which span him out and killed his velocity (you can see he doesn't change the wheel at any point) - if he'd have done what I did and let off the car would have caught grip at about 6000rpm and squared the wall :)

He got a huge cheer though and didn't stall it laugh2.gif

Edited by Jonathan

Great pics Jon, I felt like I was there!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Fantastic pics Jon ..... hadn't realised quite how much I'd missed there in the crowds on Sunday. Will, definitely go Friday next year. Maybe next year you could get some of the sounds as well?? Standing at the start line or paddock assembly area it was as much about the noise as the eye candy. B)

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Great Pics guys...............My mate Paul with Essex 17 went...............

He reckoned that Gallardo Spyder - Grey with Orange Leather won the day with its looks and soundtrack! Must try to go next year!

Few of my pics. :lol:

untitled15lr.jpg

dscf04327rh.jpg

dscf04436kj.jpg

dscf04567wr.jpg

dscf05195tk.jpg

dscf05250lh.jpg

dscf05275ll.jpg

dscf05332yy.jpg

dscf05047vu.jpg

dscf05078fk.jpg

dscf04894mb.jpg

Hope you liked them, great day. :D

Cliff :(

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Jussi - it is a concept Stratos by a British company. The header behind it says :

"Fenomenon New Stratos"

Personally I like it - I adore the old stratos too.

Prob is it looks too expensive to make some of the bits and bobs so if it foes enter production it wont look like this imo - I dont think it was a runner either, reminded me of a lego car :lol: