Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oil check tell tale - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Oil check tell tale

Bibs

Does anyone know at what level the oil must go below before the oil tell tale will illuminate on a '98 GT3?

I don't want to overfill the car obviously, and at the same time don't want to leave it dry.

I know the capacity is 6.3l and low to high on the dipstick is 0.85l.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No.1, Know on other G.M. vehicles I own oil level warning lights illuminate when oil level is down 1 litre from full mark on dipstick. As Lotus got system from G.M. this probably applies to this car. Definately dont drive car hard with this lamp lit! :P (probably not good to blow up engine on loaner car) Good Luck No. 218 :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

No.1, Know on other G.M. vehicles I own oil level warning lights illuminate when oil level is down 1 litre from full mark on dipstick. As Lotus got system from G.M. this probably applies to this car. Definately dont drive car hard with this lamp lit! :P

Assuming lotus put the sensor at the same height... :)

Do the SE's have low oil sensor?, i dunno. Saying that, i'm so paranoid after my

recent problems that at any time i can tell you the levels of any liquids in my car.

My van on the other hand, gets the lid raised for screen wash only :(

The book says:

For cars with the modified harness (mid 94ish onwards) the 'Oil Pressure' Tell Tale light will illuminate if the oil pressure falls below 1.4 bar (20psi) with the engine speed above 1600rpm.

My service manual includes the GT3 (up to and including the '97 model) - so not 100% sure if there was a change on the 98 wiring.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Assuming lotus put the sensor at the same height... :)

Do the SE's have low oil sensor?, i dunno. Saying that, i'm so paranoid after my

recent problems that at any time i can tell you the levels of any liquids in my car.

My van on the other hand, gets the lid raised for screen wash only  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul I do definately know its time to add oil to my 83 when it stops leaking out of the engine :( Wayne

SUNP0003-1.jpg