Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Viper Green - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Viper Green

Once upon a time, there was Esprit S1 #329G--the one and only S1 to ever be painted "Lotus Viper Green", aka A05 and ICIP4229289. 329G had been resprayed a sort of turquoise and Matt Watts did an amazing and well-documented job restoring it, but in white, as chronicled at http://www.thelotusf...on/#entry167463

Recently a mongrelized S1 went for sale on eBay US and I'd considered working with Mike Halker to put it in full Euro dress (bumpers/valance) and paint it Lotus Viper Green, but the car went for more than I was willing to pay. But Mike went ahead and had a batch of Lotus Viper Green worked up and it's killer if anyone wants a look for reference:

post-6978-0-82848100-1332456780.jpg

post-6978-0-48233700-1332456791.jpg

post-6978-0-22860000-1332456802.jpg

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is if one of the 1983 US investors ordered a gold Turbo Esprit with "lemon yellow" interior, then anything is possible. So why not? Go all-out hyper-Lotus colors.

I also know I like it more than Porsche Viper Green (clicky):

post-6978-0-21691800-1332465311.jpg

Not sure why anyone would want to paint their Lotus the color of a Porker... Calling Jerry Seinfeld! :lol:

I say go for bringing the Lotus Viper Green back to life. If you missed a bastardized S1 on ebay, just be patient, another one will turn up soon. :yes: (at the risk of hearing what will be said about mine if/when I ever sell her :turned: )

Not sure why anyone would want to paint their Lotus the color of a Porker... Calling Jerry Seinfeld!

I'm embarrassed to say that that car was ordered by a fellow New Yorker...well, Manhattanite, which is not always the same thing. In any case, I think I would have laughed if I'd ever seen that car roll down the street.

Porsche Viper Green is solid, but there were also, I think, only two or three "Mint Green" S1s, which was a solid color...

post-6978-0-61834300-1332533336.jpg

post-6978-0-30165500-1332533343.jpg

post-6978-0-06994800-1332533329.jpg

In the theme of green, does anyone know if any Lime Green S1's were ever produced? I am finalizing which color to paint my next project, Lime Green (if there were any) or Mint Green.

I want that, too. Now.

No, wait, I want that sooner than now!

I have for a long time contended that Viper Green is AWESOME. To the point that once, under the mild influence of alcohol, I proposed taking a red, white, or yellow S1, painting it Viper Green, and asking the Godfather of the Esprit (aka Mike Kimberley) to "bless" it as the "official" Viper Green S1 in 329G's place.

Later on, completely sober, I realized just how awesome that idea in fact was, and lobbied more for it!

Looking at the photo above, I rest my case! :D I am greeeeeen with envy! :)

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I have for a long time contended that Viper Green is AWESOME. To the point that once, under the mild influence of alcohol, I proposed taking a red, white, or yellow S1, painting it Viper Green, and asking the Godfather of the Esprit (aka Mike Kimberley) to "bless" it as the "official" Viper Green S1 in 329G's place.

For those who don't know, I have this magic moment on video, but will withhold it to protect the guilty and inspired.

post-6978-0-34296400-1332589914.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

*WOW* I like that colour! That would look GREAT on a Turbo too! Too bad I like my Turbo in Essex Blue...but if I had a Turbo that needed paint, THAT WOULD BE THE COLOUR! :thumbsup:

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

• 10 years later...