Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Starting... - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Starting...

enjybenjy

Hi

My GT3 always starts, but I question how long it takes to crank over before it does so. If left overnight (garaged), it normally fires straight up. Same when starting within say, 1 minute of stopping. Anything else and it probably takes around 10 seconds to start.

Always idles perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the fuel pressure at the rail. If the pump is defective, then the fuel pressure will reduce soon after the car is turned off. If the pump is good, it should hold pressure for ~20-40 min after car is shut off. Poor fuel pressure could also be a problem with the pressure regulator.

Also verify the fuel tanks are holding vapor pressure, that the vent hoses aren't leaking.

To make starting easier, you can prime the fuel pump by turning the key to on, for a while before starting the engine. If you turn the key back off and to on a few times, the fuel pump should run for a shorter and shorter time. If not then the pump definitely isn't holding pressure.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE