Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Message from Tony Kimberley - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Message from Tony Kimberley

Kimbers

Hi all,

Just to confirm a previous message from Lotus/MJK.

My own posts are my own opinion and bear no relation to ANY employee of Lotus. We all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to manufacturers and the products they produce, some of you may dislike Honda (though why is beyond me :o ). My own likes and dislikes will remain, however, I feel it unfair to put these in writing in the future, where they could effect others.

It is a sad day when we cannot air our own opinions and views and for them to stay as just that, our own opinions, however, as an automotive professional in my own right I understand that my comments will be looked at and respected.

As such I will no longer be posting on any subject other than the factory visit, which I will continue to arrange and attend and I will then bow out of the forum altogether.

Thanks for your understanding.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh again* :(

Thanks for all the stories. :o And your ebay auctions have always been much appreciated, even if I never had enough pocket change for them... Do post again if you wish to rid yourself of more memorabilia, the profit potential should be reason to come back :o You'll be missed.

I can only see the tiniest bit of professional conflict. I think most of us would be fine with you at the very least staying active a bit in general chat, where you don't have to talk about cars at all. But I can understand (kind of).

Tell your dad thanks, first of all for all those great cars, second of all for taking the time to post here :)

Looking forward to meeting you and your dad... and everyone else.

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

As such I will no longer be posting on any subject other than the factory visit, which I will continue to arrange and attend and I will then bow out of the forum altogether.

A truly sad day... surely the situation doesn't warrant such extreme action :o .

Edited by Tentenths

Looking forward to meeting you and your dad... and everyone else.

Slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too, maybe it's the heat or something, everyone's

falling out, glad i'm off work and off out for a beer.

:o

PS

Tony, don't go and go, please.

dont know whats happened, and not on here as much now because the new company ceo seems to hate the net. but no one should be really singled out especially over there opinion. im the most argumentative git on the net as i dont share 99% of lotus ppl's opinion on things.

so why go, if we all thought the same it would be boring

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

WTF?!?!?! :o

So, surely this must have come from your boss(es) as no one else can exert any kind of meaningful pressure on you :o (well apart from being written out of the will! :) )

So POO to Honda and not because of anything you have said here about them in the past but because of what they are now making you do (ie perceived as endorsing the opposition or compromising them)

...so for that alone you can tell them that I will now NEVER own a Honda and I had actually been coming down in favour of a Jazz as my day car for practicality reasons.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

It seems fairly obvious to me that someone has used comments Tony has made on this forum against Mike, pure speculation on my part though? I'm sure although we all understand the distinction between Tony's personal views, Lotus corporate views and even Mike's views can you understand how you might feel if someone had a go at you saying "but your son says this publicly". You could protest innocence till the cows come home but of course it would cause some professional embarrasment.

I think we have been damn lucky to have Tony's input here and I totally understand his views on this. If this has indeed happened the way I see it I can't see what else he could have done. I never really corresponded directly with him but I valued his thoughts and comments and will be sad to not hear from him anymore.

Kimbers GOOD LUCK! and please keep involved in some way if possible.

PS Don't think this is a coincidence so shortly after MJK's return to Lotus.

Regards

Mat Kutub

1979 S2

Edited by matkutub

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

By the way Tony.

You'll still need to check in when you need help on your Excel :o

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

:) Good luck Kimbers thank you for all your input ,as every body else has said it has been a privilage to have had you and your fathers input on the forum you will be missed :( stay in touch mike mel and of course claudia :)

So, surely this must have come from your boss(es) as no one else can exert any kind of meaningful pressure on you :( (well apart from being written out of the will! :) )

..or perhaps your wife :) , and of course more importantly and seriously in this case, a mans parent - who I note has spoken to us all today through the forum.

Either way, I read much more than I post and would say that Kimbers has always been insightful and entertaining and a personal opinion is just that - a personal opinion.

Having the top brass from Lotus now with us too is also of significant value and if all of these individuals can contribute or remain a contributor then so much the better.

This was bound to happen. The only surprise is that it took this long. The same thing would happen in my industry. I

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

I like that!

I second Lince's suggestion! :)

AH!

Just read Dad Kimberley's post!

Ok... I sit corrected and revoke my self imposed Honda embargo!

(I can hear them breathing a huge corporate sigh of relief eh!! :(:) )

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Hi Kimbers,

Not quite sure whats going on here . I thought this was a forum covering an out of production performance car and of no interest to any corporate leviathan.

Are you sure you will be allowed to own an Excel? :)

.....some Dark Forces at work here................. :)

Thanks for all the family input so far , WE appreciate all that has been done for us.

Mike

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

I'm with Lince. False name and address.

Know one will be any the wiser.

Stay tuned in dude.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

What a week its been for the forum....losing not one but two valuable members. I think these episodes will make us reflect on what we want from the forum, why we post what we do, and realise how great it is such a community of enthusiasts has come into being from a common liking of an outstanding masterpiece of British motoring. Ones own opinions are the fabric of our making, the forum has allowed us to expressive about our views, to speak in a honest manner, to disagree and make collective judgements. It is these very things that have caused the events witnessed this week. We all adopt various roles on the forum, some are passive and observe discussions, several are technical experts and share valuable information, others are interested in shaping the direction of marque. Whatever role they play, they are all important particpants. Kimbers gave us a special opportunity to look into Lotus and I am grateful for that.

All the best Kimbers.

OK shut up now or I'm gonna cry :)

Will see you all in October I'm sure (If they pull their collective fingers out and gimme a date).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Wow! what a week. Real shame to be loseing you too. Many thanks for some great and funny views.

One of the reasons I log on this time of night, most nights, is to just catch up on the amusing comments that have been posted which usially puts a smile on my face - Kimbers posting many of them.

Hope you can keep involved some how/way.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I always enjoy reading your informed posts and whilst I understand the reasons above I don't see why you or anyone else should enforece their own personal embargo on the forum ?

People clearly dont want you to part company so even though you feel you can't make certain comments why skupper the rest of it ?

IMO there's just no need, there are many times I have to keep my opinions to myself even though I've strongly been inclined to make a point about something.

Does this mean the poker night is off as well ? :)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Im with the rest of the gang on this. Its been fantastic to have the comments and posts from Kimbers and it will be a notable loss to our community not to have your input and feedback expressed on the forum. Hopefully there will be a more appropreate way for you to keep in touch with us all and I look forward to meeting you at the Factory Meet in October.

dont know whats happened, and not on here as much now because the new company ceo seems to hate the net. but no one should be really singled out especially over there opinion. im the most argumentative git on the net as i dont share 99% of lotus ppl's opinion on things.

so why go, if we all thought the same it would be boring

Karluk.

I certainly dont hate the net- in fact its the best tool in our marketing toolbox!!.

as you say-everyone has their own opinions-no prob. with that-its what we want from our owners-"honest feedback".

Keep it coming.

Mike

Karluk.

I certainly dont hate the net- in fact its the best tool in our marketing toolbox!!.

as you say-everyone has their own opinions-no prob. with that-its what we want from our owners-"honest feedback".

Keep it coming.

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that Mike as in Mike Kimberley? Wowsa.