Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
beginning the body work - Page 5 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

beginning the body work

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.  I've to go ahead for a re-spray this year from her in doors and have already had seats done in mine and got fabric for the rest so we should both be looking top dollar!

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

I may have a good contact for you i had a guy reccomended to me by a couple of friends who have been into cars for many years,but i decided to have a go myself. i will send it over this week.

Edited by mr.oogieboogie

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• 2 weeks later...

well I managed to get ove to the garage this evening. and managed to mask off the glassfibre roof, prime it and then paint it. four coats and two top coats. just need to flat it back in the morning and if all good give it three of four coats of laquer.

the painted pics look a bit fuzzy but it looks better in the flesh and should turn out well once flatted and laquered.

20130209_181541_zps8da70460.jpg

20130209_182241_zps5ca382a7.jpg

20130209_190802_zps0cb3bcad.jpg

20130209_193526_zps49a06e91.jpg

20130209_201341_zpsbc18ec1d.jpg

20130209_201351_zps1bfadc0a.jpg

20130209_202320_zps86d9b90f.jpg

• Gold FFM

how many layers of clearcoat are on there, or how many mm/ fractures of an inch are applied ?

..looks like mutch sanding needed ..those reflections from the chandelier are 'fuzzy'  ?!

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

will be interesting to se the result, especially if you mention how a painters shop looks inside, and what the bills are there for the work

-if you can get the same (or at least a competive) result there in your shet, with possibly less money.

..and all without any professional dust protection and climate control !

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

well top now buffed, can be made a bit better but i ran out of time. not too bad a result.a couple of imperfections but i think it came out well. using a small compressor and a couple of cheap spray guns, in a cold dusty unit.

20130212_184444_zps997f82e7.jpg

20130212_194959_zps027de4cb.jpg

20130212_194952_zps289c0e60.jpg

if i ever decide to do the whole car i will invest in some better spraying equipment.

Edited by mr.oogieboogie

Nice job Pete.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg