Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever! - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever!

benjamincalleja

• 1 month later...

Nice motor Phil :).

It's is hard to tell the different colours from individual photos, you really need to see them side by side.

What year is yours? I see yours has colour coded wing mirrors whereas mine are black and I don't have a sunroof. It looks similar to a friends whose S3 is an '85 and glacier blue.

Just checked my code. A33.....Ice Blue. Thought it was Glacier Blue. Same as Sue Unsworth.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the last one in Saffron Yellow.

saffronyellowfinalespri.jpg

Denis

What have you done with the original wheels?

Glad to see you still have the car, is it back in Belgium now or still in Florida?

Brian

10621 is in Belgium since 2010. Not planning on selling and the original wheels and tires are safely put away, not selling those either. I want to keep the car 100% original and selling the wheels would be a bad idea, don't you think ?

• Gold FFM

..have one with two different types of yellow

..how does that count ? :huh:

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

That would be Discordant Yellow, Gunter, a very rare limited production colour. :lol:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

10621 is in Belgium since 2010. Not planning on selling and the original wheels and tires are safely put away, not selling those either. I want to keep the car 100% original and selling the wheels would be a bad idea, don't you think ?

Yes, keep it original.

• Gold FFM

is it just me, or does the last produced one in yellow -with the camera focus and those DVR wheels ..does it look like a shiny desktop scale-model car ? :D

It's the scaled car cover that gives it away.

• Gold FFM
Tilt Shift, it does that!..

spock_fascinating.jpg

post-4092-0-20846200-1351967455.jpg

B23 Ruby Red. I wonder about the naming of this colour, if it was previously named or subsequently became "Inferno Red". "Ruby Red" always makes me think of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

Either way, Ruby Red and Inferno Red are very close in colour to my eye.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Absolutely gorgeous colour. :thumbsup:

Thanks John: that pic is one of the original advertising pics for the car, shown in Addison, Texas.

I had been looking for that colour for over 18 months, and this was the first one to come up in that time: when I went to look at it, it was obvious it had been well cared for (of course by some other OCD-inflicted pilot), so I made it my car right quick.

The funny thing is that while this was the first in this colour to appear for sale in my 18 months of searching, the following 18 months presented at least 5 others; since then: one, I think.

Having said all that (and I know that Vulcan Grey has already shown this colour), I would just LOVE to own this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Esprit-V8-TURBO-2000-LOTUS-ESPRIT-TURBO-V8-RARE-DEEP-PURPLE-METALLIC-PAMPERED-BY-COLLECTOR-/321009584185?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4abda98839

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-5519-0-42307000-1358966588.jpg

My 1985 Turbo. Colour is pearlescent white . (white metallic/ slightly pearl)

The license plate...well, let's say I'm a Bond fan and this one was clipped on the car for the picture. Normally the car has a Dutch registration plate.

Best regards, Ruud-Peter

Would love to have this color combo.  Mean and green.

Is this the one that got the stripes and wing later?

Lotus Racing Green - the last of the 4-pots

BellW219BACls1.jpg