Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit Turbo 1982 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit Turbo 1982

MalcolmS

Hello everyone,

I have been looking in on this board for a few months now but didn't know about this thread. Let me introduce myself...

My name is Malcolm and I just bought an 1982 Esprit Turbo (Dry Sump) as pictured below.

It was my first dream car and has been running perfectly till now, which brought me back to these boards to delve into the pool of knowledge...

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers

Malcolm

post-14377-0-60943300-1341151677.jpg

• Gold FFM

Looks very nice indeed Malcolm. Are you in the South West?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Guest WausauLotus

Malcom-

Welcome aboard. Would love to have you in the US..........This forum seems to be denominated by UK'ers

Good Show!

dave

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Malcolm. :welcome:

Any questions, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 9 months later...

Hi Lex, Hopo,

I will need to take the camera out with me and get some decent photos. Only ones i have are boring insurance ones. Here is a view that the insurers didnt ask for :-)

P1060231_zps6f543936.jpg

For those interested in the technical details, its taken from first floor window utilising 3m of plastic pipe, the centre part out of the tripod and gaffer tape. Camera is Panazonic TZ5.

6c5454bd-673d-416f-8b74-4f1e896e1f23_zps

Hi Guys, Thankyou for the kind comments. With that encouragement i took this one today. Also tried it with boot and bonnet open but that just looked weird from above. Cheers, Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

That's the best pic of an Esprit that I've seen in years.

Well done. :smoke:

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Welcome to the Forum and to Esprit Ownership.Lovely looking car. You must be very chuffed.

One comment and that is the pale scuttle colour. You will often think that you are driving in a fog due to the reflection of the scuttle in the windscreen. I have cut out a piece of black cloth that is held in position with "press stick" or blue tack. Removes the fog immediately.

Thanks everyone.

Simon,

Your photo certainly steals the show. ;-)

Roger,

I know what you mean. For now I am prepared to suffer for the looks but its a good idea. I expect you get more sunshine than me.

atb,

Malcolm

• 3 weeks later...

Good photos there. Impressive. Nice car too. Is it just me or is the steering wheel at an angle? Is that normal? I know the car has an offset driving position, but never really noticed that before.

Hi Peter,

Yes the steering wheel is definitly at an angle. I assume its normal and as I will be meeting other Esprit owners on Saturday I will be able to check.

You are quite local to me. Are you coming along to the event at Castle Coomb on Saturday, tomorrow?

I aim to be getting onto M4 J16 at 9.15 if you want to rendezvous.

Atb,

Malcolm

• Gold FFM

That photo with the doors open really is a ripper Malcolm! :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

Great shot  Malcolm :unworthy:

Hi Lex, Hopo,

I will need to take the camera out with me and get some decent photos. Only ones i have are boring insurance ones. Here is a view that the insurers didnt ask for :-)

P1060231_zps6f543936.jpg

For those interested in the technical details, its taken from first floor window utilising 3m of plastic pipe, the centre part out of the tripod and gaffer tape. Camera is Panazonic TZ5.

Edited by wolflyn

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

• 2 years later...

I thought I would dig up this thread to wrap up my journey in Esprit ownership as I have now sold the car. 

Very happy to have owned it otherwise I would always have been thinking what if...

I know you will be keen to know where it has gone, and to be honest I was unclear who exactly was purchasing the vehicle with a trusted middle man talking to the final owner but in the end, on the V5, it has gone through as a Trade Sale to Bell and Colvill.

Thank you to everyone on the Forum for making it a great community and enjoyable experience. Special thanks to those that answered my technical queries ranging from the simple to slightly less simple. I did enjoy the little bits of tinkering I did on it to keep it going.

As a little memento here are the photos I put in the advert.

post-14377-0-96103100-1439321612.jpg

Nurburgring

post-14377-0-54489600-1439321619.jpg

post-14377-0-79239100-1439321629.jpg

post-14377-0-71122400-1439321638.jpg

post-14377-0-14647200-1439321641.jpg

post-14377-0-47707100-1439321652.jpg

All the best,

Malcolm

• Like 2

Lovely car Malcolm will be a very nice buy for someone. A dry sump with a roof stereo is a very rare beast indeed!

I hope you'll stay in touch with TLF, hopefully it won't be too long before you're back in something interesting, hopefully another Lotus of some description.

:thumbup: