Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast meeting 5th August @ Perth Airfield, Scone - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast meeting 5th August @ Perth Airfield, Scone

1) bingoking +1

2) M400kay+ 1

3) douglasgdmw (George) + wkd (Sandra)

4) Hedgerley

5) Liam Warnock +1

6) Gordon + 1

7) Derek + Karen

8) Alicrozier (weather dependant again)  

9) Sharron + 1 (plus a weather dependant Sprint +1)

10) Andrew + Dad

11) Alan + Janet

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a great day Guys n' Girls. Hope it all goes well and the weather gods shine this year. :animier::innocent::B)

A frustrated Al. reading all this from offshore for a second year. <Mutter, mutter :realmad: >

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

It's quite a cloudy day here in Perth with heavy rain forecast for later.

Hoping for a great turnout and that the rain stays away long enough to allow some flying this year.

What a fantastic turnout and I got another tick on my bucket list - a flight in a microlight. Like riding a motorbike at 1500ft. What a buzz. And great cake as well....

Thanks to Jim for organising.

Andrew, unless the LEGS subs fall by about 70% which seems to be my time out of the UK approx these days I might just have to do that. Now lets see, 70 % of eff all is ???? Damn. :censored::ice: What is the point joining an exclusive club I never attend. Pah! :gathering::hrhr:

As for the rest of you (Mark, George, Andrew and Co.) I am very disappointed. A posting of this event is NOTHING without photographs. (especially when not there) Shame on you all. :make other happy: Brian I'll give the benefit of the doubt to at the moment to save the day as not yet posted, post the visit. Maybe still trying to find his way home from Perth.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

A really big THANKS to everyone who turned up at the Scottish Aero Club at Perth Airfield today.

During the course of the LEGS Breakfast meet we had 10 aircraft in the sky, pretty much non stop, offering flights.... 5 Flexwing Microlights, 2 Fixed Wing Microlights and 3 LAA Fixed Wing aircraft plus the Spitfire doing the cool stuff that Spitfires do.

Obviously only the folk who flew Flexwing have experienced proper flying tho, and anyone who didn't ... well you know where to start next time :thumbup:

The Touchdown Cafe had a great day and when I popped in after the event to see how it had gone they told me they only had 1 egg left. So I had an egg roll and Wendy says she saved me a cake :thumbsup:

Anyhow, I expect (well at least I hope) that the car folk had a good meet.

This is just to let you know, from the other side of the fence, that the flying folk had one too. :cheers:

As a favour.. if anyone has good photos could they put them on the LEGS Facebook page so I can link it to the Scottish Aero Club page. There are a whole bunch of pilots who didn't really see any cars :unworthy:

Jim

As for the rest of you (Mark, George, Andrew and Co.) I am very disappointed. A posting of this event is NOTHING without photographs. (especially when not there) Shame on you all. :make other happy: Brian I'll give the benefit of the doubt to at the moment to save the day as not yet posted, post the visit. Maybe still trying to find his way home from Perth.

Will get my excuse in early as I was on the motorbike, so had no camera ;-)

Felt strange not turning up in Evora especially as I will be Lotusless till March. Thanks also to Brian for being an excellent SatNav it was really nice seeing the reactions of the Esprit/Élan from the pedestrians.

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Sorry Al, I didn't take any - my mate who came along for the ride had a posh camera and took plenty. I am waiting for the download myself, especially the Michelin man trussed up in the back seat of Bill's microlight. The extra weight meant he couldn't execute some of his more dramatic manoeuvres "as we might not be able to recover". I promise to lay off the pies for next year.....

Brian swapped the Esprit for a caravan this afternoon and headed down to Berwick so left at lunchtime. He should be at least half way there by now :huh:

Edited by hedgerley

Its a three quarter scale replica Bibs but its been designed to replicate the original's handling characteristics. He did some low fly pasts and you wouldn't know the difference. Unfortunately it doesn't do tandem....

The owners have a 1/6 share available to buy if you are interested!

The owners have a 1/6 share available to buy if you are interested!

Don't quote me but I think it was around £17k.

Bibs - If Dany was still at Lotus sure you could have easily justified it, must have been a lot cheaper than his helicopter costs and far cooler;-)

George

Sorry for the late post, I had to leave perth yesterday to take my Caravan to Berwick and couldn't upload my photographs with my iPad. Yes my Caravan :harhar: .

Anyway, a big thanks to Jim (renmure) and his friends at the Scottish Aero Club at Perth Airfield for laying on an excellent day. Really pleased that a number of flights took place and everyone enjoyed themselves.

We had a fantastic turnout with over 30 cars, mostly Lotus but a few Ferrari's, a Maserati Quattroporte, a couple of Aston Vantage V8's, Jaguar XK, George and Sandra on a Ducati 748, Jim's Caterham R300 and Liam's remote control Exige.

A few of my photographs taken on the ground. I know there are some others taken in the air so will try to get these posted on here as well.

7716758206_d2fe2018ac_b.jpg

George and Sandra on a Ducati ???

Great photo's Brian but you really need to either have a satellite link on your caravan or set up a wifi hot spot from your phone ;-)

For info it's a 748. If I remember correctly Julian Thomson & Richard Rackham each had the larger cc version (916) and they used the 916's ethos as part of design in the original elise. Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :-)

Additional facts:

The 916 was so iconic in motorcyle design that it has even been displayed at the Guiggenheim musuem in New York

When looked at from above the 916/748 represent the curves of a woman

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Thanks George, corrected.

It's not the WiFi that is the problem with the iPad, it needs Flash Player to get the functionality to copy the links to the Forum.

One was the 916 and the other the 748 George. There is lengthy homage to both at the beginning of 'Lotus Elise - the Inside Story' and their influence on the Elise design. Very cool.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7072924456318931568

• Gold FFM

Hi guys, we are not going to make this meet but the good news is the Esprit should be back on the road shortly, deal done with the insurance (see posting on "its a sad day" for details) se here's hoping all being well she will be back on the go 18/19th August.

Thanks to all the LEGS guys and ladies who are joining our weekend run via Oban, it is looking like it will be busy.

Regards.

John Walsh.

Thanks for your efforts Brian however I have presently been thwarted by an over zealous net nanny not giving me access to photos from office desk so will just have to wait until 17th when off for a few days before hitting St. Johns in Newfoundland for another few days 'work'