Wilton House Classic & Supercars

Bibs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm expecting to be there...but not sure which car as we may have some friends with us....

From experience 2 years ago, anything less than £250ks worth is parked in a field some distance away so it doesn't really matter what you turn up in it wont be part of the show! Of course that does make the show itself pretty special !!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Had a great day today over 100 supercars just in the line up plus probably over 1000 more cars around the grounds.

Fantastic day out would recommend it to anyone who's a propper petrol head and a great day out for the family.

Here's a few pics from today and only one lotus turned up a S3 turbo esprit!

Sorry but battery went on phone, trudi took much better pics will upload them too!

post-5941-0-74677100-1344201696.jpg

post-5941-0-71225700-1344201740.jpg

post-5941-0-22995500-1344201782.jpg

post-5941-0-06350900-1344201846.jpg

post-5941-0-97724000-1344201891.jpg

Well that event has certainly changed since the first one I went to in 2009. It has got hugely bigger and was a great day out as Matt says….but it has (inevitably I guess) devalued itself a bit in my view. One example would be that in 2009, Nick Mason drove his F1 in and displayed it with the other hypercars. In 2012 there was no F1 at all, but possibly the entire production run so far of MP4-12Cs. F1 a true hypercar - £6 or 700k worth, MP4-12C (lovely thought it is) a sub £200k car comparatively “for the masses”. In 2009 Fezzas were 2x Enzo, 2x F40, F50, P4 + others. This time there were loads and loads of ordinary ones, but no F40s no F50s and only one Enzo.

In 2009, all of us with sort of Supercars (typical Porkers, Rarris, Astons and Gallardos) were parked in the public enclosure over the bridge in the field (it was literally a car park not the commercial centre it has now become). The “event” was when about 40 proper hypercars tuned up at lunchtime and parked in front of the house. This time anything north of a £10k Turbo Esprit got to be in the 100+ car enclosure in front of the house (I’d guess the avg value of car sub £100k though I did see one SLS there). The hypercars had their own paddock with 2x Veyrons centred, but there were only about a dozen of them this time. So overall a very big, excellent show, much enjoyed…. But I used to say that about Supercar Sunday at Gaydon before it reached down and down, eventually to include such exotica as the MX5 in an attempt to grow bigger and effectively shot itself in the foot.

Anyway, this was nice:

IMG_7684.jpg

...and these were the specials:

IMG_7697.jpg

IMG_7698.jpg

[img]http://i336.photobuc...12/IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7705.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7707.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

Great to see Ian and Becky, albeit briefly, but missed Matt and Trudi. Will deffo go again next year if I can make the date.

Edited by MPx

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Unfortunately I was let down on the car I was meant to be taking there so didn't make it. The plan was to take a new Exige along which, while not a hypercar would have been a treat for everyone there I'd hoped as there are none on the roads at present. Shame.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I emailed the organisers sometime ago about a group/ club going but got no reply so left it.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

First time for me but very enjoyable. Arrived as the gates opened at 8.30am and left around 2pm after the car convoy had arrived. Good to see you Mike and nice pics as usual.

5 minute video of all the cars arriving on my Facebook but unsure how to link here.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

This was a great event.. loads of fantastic cars and a great day out. Not sure i agree with some of Mikes sentiments above though!

• Gold FFM

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!