Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
upgrade elise s1 suspension? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

upgrade elise s1 suspension?

anyone help with upgraded suspension?

i bought my first lotus 3 weeks ago and the front shocks have started to leak...iam looking into getting a new kit but wasnt sure what makes/brand to go for, or stay away from? cant be to expensive...ive found some spax rsx coilovers...any good for the s1 elise?

anyone help? :help:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, but I can call them and ask if they'd be interested in setting something up? The other's will deliver, an option if the discount is better than the shipping cost.

ETA Westover are happy to offer full forum members a discount as of now! Details will be posted in the discount section shortly :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Nope, but I can call them and ask if they'd be interested in setting something up? The other's will deliver, an option if the discount is better than the shipping cost.

ETA Westover are happy to offer full forum members a discount as of now! Details will be posted in the discount section shortly :)

Thank you boss, top banana. :)

Progress has been made on bens elise. I managed to change all 8 upper & lower ball joints yesterday.it took about 8 hours to do & was quite awkward but it's the first time I've worked on an elise. Ben has now ordered the bilstein s2 suspension upgrade, so I've got those to fit as well as front arb bushes/drinks. Thats a job for next week :)

Well i managed to change Ben's shocks today for the bilstein s2 upgrade kit, with those & the new arb links & upper/lower ball joints the car should be feeling much better now :)

you can just see the shiny new upper balljoint in the pic, note the different upper shock mount

2012-09-01122417.jpg

pic of the new arb droplinks/mounting

2012-09-01125045.jpgn

2012-09-01130957.jpg

all fitted

2012-09-01131603.jpg

I think the old shocks were a bit past their best :cry:

2012-09-01131631.jpg

Nice mug! :lol:

Oh yes, a superior drinking device and might I say, the lip to rim interface is quite exquisite :)

Been for a blast in the car & the transformation is like night & day. :)

Nice work - It looks like you have it all covered but have you re-geo'd the car for the new suspension?

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Nice work - It looks like you have it all covered but have you re-geo'd the car for the new suspension?

We need to replace inner nylon joints in the steering rack, (some slight play detected) then it will be time for a full geo set up :)

• 1 year later...

I've enquired as to the availability of this kit. My car is on the original Koni's which are making the billiard ball noises and while the car rides just right this is a nice upgrade and a factory option for the car.

Was it easy to fit Steve? How many Haynes spanners?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to report that 'Thwaites Engineering Services' did a lovely job, ably assisted with tool passing by my good self and the car is ten times better than it was on the Koni's which were well and truly knackered! :thumbsup:

TES have confirmed this as a 2 spanner job.