Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 49 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

4 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

I know this is an old thread, but what "orange" is this car?

thanks

Mark

18722798396_2e85afd80b_b.jpg

That is Signature Orange....Also known as Spacehopper Orange round this parts, eh @ROJ?!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cheers Arun, that's the new colour for me then. let's hope I don't get one that needs a clutch again after 200 miles ?

7 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Today I had my first minutes of tracktime with the Lotus Exige 380 sport.

There is still some "room" for improvement as I had only a few laps alone and had to adept to the new Aero and Michelin tyres. 

I saw a predicable laptime during one of my laps which is the new goal, and I am gonna reach that :)

First data:

fastest laps.jpg

Jokke: tell us more - how does the 380 compare against your previous one? I assume aero and tires are a step up? Engine?

@M4rk. Thanks! Yes, going to wait for the warranty to expire before fitting harnesses, especially as my drivers seat seems to have developed a bit of movement recently. I also want to put a baffled sump on. 

Although every pound I don't spend on the Exige is a pound that goes towards adding an Evora to the garage (keeping the exige!)

8 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Yes I have the TFR mirrors :)

Could you please take pics of yours ? As it is the single mount, how did you manage to hide holes ? 

it seems that  V3 full carbon mirrors are on their way (without writings on the glass and without visible ball joint), I may be tempted :blush: ...

otherwise, is the 6500 rpm limit related to the run in period ?

Edited by French Frie

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

@M4rk. Thanks! Yes, going to wait for the warranty to expire before fitting harnesses, especially as my drivers seat seems to have developed a bit of movement recently.

@M4rk what's the concern with harnesses and the warranty? I was thinking of fitting them, but now you've got me wondering?  Would it not only affect any warranty cover in relation to the interior?  Sorry - slowly getting up to speed on all things Lotus..

10 hours ago, Arun_D said:

That is Signature Orange....Also known as Spacehopper Orange round this parts, eh @ROJ?!

Hmmm. For some reason I thought it was 'Exige Orange'. I could be wrong. Will have to check paperwork. Either way, it's Spacehopper Orange to me! ?IMG_0016.thumb.JPG.6eb66c9f369cabf0df8d9c43e716b3ea.JPG

• Like 1

Exige Orange = Exige Signature Orange = Signature Orange.

Basically someone thought they should have a signature colour for each model and so designated the signature range of colours like that. The Evora got a silver and IIRC the Elise got a metallic green

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mickv said:

@M4rk what's the concern with harnesses and the warranty? I was thinking of fitting them, but now you've got me wondering?  Would it not only affect any warranty cover in relation to the interior?  Sorry - slowly getting up to speed on all things Lotus..

I had harnesses fitted to my Exige by a Lotus dealer. All parts supplied by Lotus. No issues relating warranty that I was aware of, certainly no one raised any with me. I wouldn't worry. At best they could only reject any warranty claim relating specifically to the harness fitment.

No - that should clearly not be the case but honestly thats what I almost expected with "just" 30 hp more.... but it sounds like its a great package handling wise ...

7 hours ago, Neal H said:

I had harnesses fitted to my Exige by a Lotus dealer. All parts supplied by Lotus. No issues relating warranty that I was aware of, certainly no one raised any with me. I wouldn't worry. At best they could only reject any warranty claim relating specifically to the harness fitment.

Eg if your seat starts creaking and starts having a bit of play to it, like mine is beginning to. Everyone has their own attitude to risk, part of the reason I bought my car new was for the full 3yrs of warranty and I just don't want to jeopardise it. I'm going to see what happens to my seat in the next couple of months but suspect it will need to be looked at before the warranty expires. I would think that if I had the harnesses fitted Lotus would be within their rights to tell me it's my problem. 

Jokke,

Are you saying that  380 is not as quick as a V6 S? I can understand what you are saying if you came from a Komotech 4something but a bog standard V6, surely not....

i stand aghast...

9 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Jokke,

Are you saying that  380 is not as quick as a V6 S? I can understand what you are saying if you came from a Komotech 4something but a bog standard V6, surely not....

i stand aghast...

Jokke had Komotec EX430 upgrade on his V6S among other mods.

I can assure you that the Sport 380 is significantly faster than a stock V6S. It feels faster in a straight line than my V6 Cup too. 

It is rev limited to 6800rpm as pointed out in our review, TLF was the first and only review to notice this or mention it!

It would be great if Lotus reversed the trend to lower rev limits as the prices rise but I can't see a scenario in which they might be encouraged to do so. Psychologically for me 7,000rpm is a minimum for any sports car engine but having driven the Evora Sport 410 at 7,000rpm and the Sport 380 at 6,800rpm I can't honestly hear the extra 200 revs. In terms of sound at least the 380 sounds every bit as good. But the cut out does feel premature. Fixed with a simple remap once the warranty has run out I'd have thought?

It becomes an issue where you want to hold a gear longer when approaching a corner. For example, at Spa there where several times where even 7k was a little low and caused an extra change.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Cheers Mr Pits... 

I guess I maybe misread the original post, although I knew Jokke had a Komotec conversion, it was just the V6S bit that threw me....

cheers

Mark

On 4/6/2017 at 21:58, Jokke Vlo said:

Today I had my first minutes of tracktime with the Lotus Exige 380 sport.

There is still some "room" for improvement as I had only a few laps alone and had to adept to the new Aero and Michelin tyres. 

I saw a predicable laptime during one of my laps which is the new goal, and I am gonna reach that :)

First data:

Car looks great, composed, neat and fast. Outright V6 CupR lap record is 1.41.8 so 1.46 is very fast for an unmodified street car.

Rpm limit does look too low though, it should rev to 6800rpm. Peak power is 6700rpm so you are missing out on some bhp too. Hopefully an easy fix, if not remap for more boost and 7,000rpm!

• Like 1

Looks like the 380 has the metal mesh as per the S2 Exige. I hated it as it soon looked rusty and tired, hopefully they have galvanised it before painting it this time :)