Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 31 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

Last pic of my Exige :wub:

DSC_0601-1.jpg

Over the years ... 1999-2001 Toyota Celica 1.8 ~ 2001-2004 Audi TT Quattro 225 hp ~ 2004-2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI ~ 2005-2008 Honda S2000 ~ 2008-2014 Lotus Exige 240S ~ 2008-2012 Toyota Aygo 1.0 ~ June 2014-January 2015 Subaru WRX STI my 15 ~ 2013-November 2016 Lexus CT200h ~  June 2015-December 2018 Lotus Exige S V6 ~ NOW ~ January 2019 Lotus Exige 410 Sport ~ December 2016 Honda Civic Type R FK2

This video was supposed to be a V6 vs GT4 showdown, unfortunately the owner had not collected yet. So he brought his 458 Speciale instead. Pretty sure he was holding back on the straights, but it was  good blast. Unfortunately I had the onboard camera set up really badly:

Great track and lovely conditions. What a car the V6 is... had a few laps (helped by traffic) with a LaFerrari earlier in the day, unfortunately no cameras running.

• Like 2

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Looks like fun Tom, not sure I'd bother with a GT4 if I had a Speciale but there you go!

If you're using a GoPro you need to put the spot meter function on (the icon looks like the Japanese flag). I was pulled up on this on my own videos, it's really useful for in-car footage as it gets the exposure right for the centre of the image which is usually the windscreen. We won't be able to see your skills as clearly but we'll get a much better idea of the view out of the window. 

:thumbup:

Not sure I not sure I would either. I had a ride in the 458 too, lovely car. He's the guy that is driving the Type R in my Goodwood video. Looking forward to getting on track with the GT4 though!

Normally I have it set up right. I changed it when I had it on the bonnet in the Alps. Forgot to put it back unfortunately. 

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Jimmy. :welcome:

Car looks great in that colour.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thank you!

As a matter of fact, Volks does make rims using the original offset. Another good option is the new ZE40, very light, about 6.5kg according to them.

The carbon engine hatch and rear wing, you can order them from Komotec. I have talked to the dealer in HK, he said these parts are designed and made in HK. I am not too sure about that, but I get them from the dealer.

Welcome Jimmy. Really nice Cup you have there. Looks so purposeful with the cage!

Yes, those bits should fit the S3, but things like the light switch panel have been changed from S2, when considering dash parts.

28mins in? I don't think so, it was @gpslf1, his first time at Spa. I don't remember anyone following me for that length of time, and no one passed me all day :)

Is that the SmartyCam setup you are using - quality looks good, far better than the VBox stuff.

28 mins in the video. If I remember well.... begining of afternoon (14:00)

Yes, it is. Smartycam to SoloDL to CAN OBDII connector.
Complete setup and really easy to use as it start/stop automaticely. Sound and video quality is not so good than a GoPro, but far more usefull.

• 2 months later...