TLF Christmas party

Bibs

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

:(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

£7.50 for a drink is cheap for Bibs, ask Pilko how much a White Russian cost him after being spec'd up by Bibs (it was tad more Russian than white) :lol:

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

West Malling is the wealthist town in Britian, watch out for Lambo's and Fezza in there! :)

We're having a quick pint in the Joiners Arms just over the road from the restaurant from 6:30 anyone would like to join us. :) 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks for a great TLF Christmas! Just seen on the TV local disturbances reported in West Malling. Wax related incidents... pepper was used to control the crowd!

Bibs and Laura thanks for making it all happen for the TLF family!! You are the stars or our very own Posh & Becks!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Bibs and Laura thanks for arranging the dinner. i was good to see some LEF faces again. 

Malling has changed a lot since I lived in Kent. I remember it was where I got my first speeding ticket aged 16 on a motorbike.

Have a prosperous new year.

Dave & Ann

Thanks for Saturday great time had by all well done Bibs & Laura ! Hope to see you at newlands this Sunday morning for a bacon roll and a tea!

Ps the misses could understand why she was sneezing so much on Saturday night!

I believe it had something to do with the pepper to disperse the crowd! Lol. :)

On behalf of Laura and I I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who came along on Saturday, I certainly had a wonderful time. It was great to see so many friends, some of whom undertook considerable journeys to be able to have some fun with us. 

Commiserations to Moxie who travelled all the way from the USA to be incapacitated by some dodgy water and unable to attend, despite being just a mile up the road.

I really enjoyed the meal, Franks was a good suggestion and would happily choose it again next year, thoughts?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Commiserations to Moxie who travelled all the way from the USA to be incapacitated by some dodgy water and unable to attend, despite being just a mile up the road.

I should explain that for those with morbid curiosities.

The two days before the party I was up at Hethel doing some onsite interviews and hanging out with Kimbers and MJK. I couldn't get a room at my preferred hotel, Park Farm, and so had to grab a room at the seemingly more posh Dunston Hall. No sooner than I'd drunk several liters of tap water there's a knock at my door with two bellmen carrying liter bottles of still water and a letter from the hotel management saying that due to complications from the installation of a new water pump, their water supply was no longer suitable to drink!!! I felt OK for awhile but then while visiting Bibs and Laura at their amazing new digs the next day before the party, I started to feel like I was falling through the floor...and then like Muhammad Ali had punched me in the guts. So sorry to have missed all of you at the party. I'm sure it was the usual great time. 

I'll have to really follow through on my promise to Kim to work with Bibs on arranging a TLF gathering in NYC in the Spring. 

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

HI all,

It was great to meet you face to face so to speak! Thanks to Bibs & Laura for taking the trouble to arrange it all.

Thanks to those at our table who were very friendly and entertaining & made us most welcome. Sorry we didnt catch everyone's names! & the food was lovely. Was worth the 1.5 hours journey home. :huh:

Gill & Wayne

Thanks again to Bibs and Laura for a superb evening. Sorry I was still feeling a little under the weather that evening but looked and felt considerably better than many the next morning at breakfast, due to me being sober.

I'll just repeat that. Yes, I was sober at a TLF Xmas party and therefore will remember you were there next year (which I can't say about last year!). 

Sorry I didn't get to speak to everyone. But was a bit spaced.

I would defo say yes there again Bibs! But would be cool to book a back room of a pub afterwards so we can drink for a while instead of getting chucked at closing time!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thanks Bibs & Laura for an excellent bash look forward to the next.

Always good to get together, see everyone and catch up.

Just a small problem though 6pm Sunday Evening West Malling High Street. :huh:

0219E3F8-5907-4F87-B3AF-CA29665CBFF9-652

Looks like a blown crank sensor which is why she would not start. In three years I've done 50k miles and this is only the 2nd break down, other was a worn out fuel pump. Reasonable to say they are quite reliable really. She stopped outside a pub which was a bit handy whilst waiting for the pickup truck :smoke:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein