Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Car Rig - Page 3 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Car Rig

Malcolm Feth

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey Andrew, yes... a shot was a little bit wider, I cropped some back and bottom... and yes windows were up - don't ask me why I decided to do it this way... it slightly pissed me off when I've seen photos on my PC... I will remember next time :)

As for boom... yesss... now it is 4.5 meter, I'm still on my BETA version. Winter is coming and I will have time to add one more 1.5 section and add more stability, which will be an issue.

Ah, maybe it's just the design of the car making it seem more distorted. I forget little things all the time as well, details that I am forced to fix in Photoshop. I'm going to tether my iPad to my camera from now on, it'll hopefully help me spot those things!

- Andrew

I always have my laptop during shooting, connect it from time to time, make sure I captured what I wanted, there is nothing I missed, enough sharpness etc... I didn't this time though...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm ordering one more 1.5m long tube, will see how photos will look like then, but this one was taken at 14mm... I get big distortion on 10mm, things just look weird. I believe this Elise S1 photo you have in mind was actually taken at 10mm. I'm trying to avoid it now.

Yes, I do ;) there is no other way take a photo like this.

Moving car maybe, but it is not an easier option really.

On this one pole was mounted on roof & on rear-left side of the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that depends :).

Your compositions seem very centered, and your chosen angles, shall we say, unflattering.  Also, shooting the tire-face is pretty much out, unless you're shooting a tire ad.  These aren't critiques of your work, they're just curiousities, if your profession is an automotive photographer.  For people photographer's though, they make perfect sense, hence the question :).

- Andrew

I like to have a car in middle for some reason. I noticed this on quite a lot of my photos... motorsport, static, rig and in most of cases I just like when object is close to centre. Not sure what more I can say here, but I appricate your feedback :) For me rig shots are still something quite new, so I'm just experimenting a lot. Experience is everything ;)