Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alex's v8 re-build thread warning pic whore inside >:) - Page 18 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alex's v8 re-build thread warning pic whore inside >:)

Hello again Alex, I got my new headlamps from PNM Engineering, they come as a kit with new stainless steel mounts, adjusters and brackets and are really cool:

As far as I know you can't get the convex main beam units any longer, so dip and main are both concave.

http://www.pnmengineering.com/lotus-lighting.html

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Thanks chaps I shall have a nose mine work fine but inside the chrome reflective is ageing and you know how anal I am . So rads on order I've repaired the lower pack holder and made my side and bottom supports . Painted today did a test fit for the coolers . 

IMG_20151204_041419.jpg

20151202_170725.jpg

20151203_154840_zpsbl5kj7d0.jpg

20151203_154745_zpswm1bswsa.jpg

20151202_144031_zpsc3g4xnov.jpg

20151202_144018_zps3fqg9kkl.jpg

I have chosen not to put the metal inside the fibreglass as there is no point other than to encourage the cracking again the vibration and pinch of something that can me crushed and something that can't to me is moronic so it's staying out 

Ok Alex or Alan... Which one of you Swindon lads is selling the radiator on eBay? :)

regards from gods county( Essex)

wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

3 minutes ago, top-plumber said:

Ok Alex or Alan... Which one of you Swindon lads is selling the radiator on eBay? :)

regards from gods county( Essex)

wayne

I've got a secondhand V8 rad going spare for nothing. Not very good nick but the end cans are fine. It would do for a recore if you wanted to keep it original. It's not on eBay, so it might be Alex?

Alan

Thanks for the offer Alan.. Just being a bit of a nose ointment really... See the pick up was Swindon and put 2 and 2 together. 

Regards Wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Nope not me either my rad is fine works fine just want a shiny one . It maybe that nick guy who's selling the v8 engine from the green cat D I went to see about buying the old engine off of him , he mentioned he was going to use it as a track car and was going to swop the engine for a yank ls v8 so I'm guessing it maybe him . 

Also Alan I've bought a serck motorsport radiator after some digging around there is a lot of reports of rad tec stuff leaking and blowing a little worrying so I'm staying clear . The price of the serck one is a little cheaper and looks better built imo

Why on earth would he change out the beautiful lotus v8 for a hemi... 

Mods available possibly?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A lift...

Anyway, the fans looks good and so does the radiator. All aluminium and stainless frame?

And are you planning to suspend it somehow?

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

On 30/09/2012 at 22:18, Alex Carter said:

i have also started work on the other end too removed the exhausts and cats and realised the ticking from the right bank is a faulty actuator on the turbo no vacum ment a rattling gate.

Alex - possibly my rattle as well?

I'd say no because it doesn't change pitch if it were rotational or flapping because of the air pressure I'd say it should change when revd and it doesn't I think it's either a bolt or washer loose . I'll put it up in the air we can check 

Holy cow ! 

Just read this thread from start to finish !   fair play to you for getting the spanners back out on that engine. B-)

Things can go wrong on motors even when skilled folks have worked their magic on stuff, at the end of the day anything mechanical can break :cry:

You did the the right thing and got back on the horse and will soon forget he dramas when your bombing back down the roads. :)

excellent work on the car by the way and all finished off well .

A