Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
how many here are bikers - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

how many here are bikers

troy21

I've always had bikes since I was seventeen, until I spotted the Evora cars were only winter transport for me.

Currently riding a 2001' BMW R1150RS for commuting to work.

05' ZX10R - with 180-bhp at the rear wheel, use that for trackdays and the odd sunny day out.

81' Harley Sturgis, heavily modified. It's fun to ride but in a different way from the performance stuff.

08' Buell XB12s, lovely little bike, up for sale soon.

Current and previous:

SANY0031.jpg

26052009240.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm having a Honda VF1100 Sabre; not very known as it's a Canadian - American model. When I was 20 I had a VF750 Sabre and knew there was a big brother but I then found no 1100. When I was 37 I bought 7 of them! They're quite rare and when I saw one for parts I bought it... It has now been modified with a White Power rear and front suspension, changed the tail, placed a modified K75 steering bar and made a modification to the oil pump drive that gives more pressure. Stainless steel hoses front and rear for better braking, as "better" is relative when you come from a Fireblade ....

Before I thus had a Fireblade and before that I drove a VFR750. Earlier I had the VF750 Sabre, CM400T and a Yamaha SR250 Special.

Now I'm looking for a Lotus Elite S2.2 from 1980, 1981 or 1982 with the 2.2 liter engine, but not as a replacement for the bike!

Been having trouble finding what I want to play with at weekends so went and looked at one of these this weekend. Am tempted. Think I may get one till I find a car I really want (and can afford).

Xl2006_Harley_Davidson_VRSCR_Street_RodR

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 months later...

I just had the ZZR1400 serviced today.

It's a fabulous and hugely capable beast but I really want a ZX10R.

Test rode one back to back with the new Fireblade last year. Both were mindblowing but the ZX10R won it for me. So intense and ballistic but very sweet to steer and balanced, very sharp and precise. The engine was all about why I got into bikes in the first place. 14,000rpm! Not difficult to ride in the slightest but the speed.... like a horizontal bungee jump.

I'm too big for one and look ridiculous on it but I don't care. I must get one before I get too old and scared for it all!

When I bought my ZZR in 2007 it was the fastest bike on the planet. Litre bikes would eat its dust on the straights. Not any more. The game has moved on and the litre bikes are off the charts now. My bike made 175bhp at the rear wheel when I had it dyno'd. The much lighter ZX10-R is making more like 185-190!!!! Wow. That's what superbikes were making not long ago. No wonder superstock bikes are setting such fast times these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all

I have a   1989 VFR 400

2005 Buell Firebolt 1200

1959 ariel leader     

I ride the Buell as much as I can, Honda being striped cleaned and rebuilt

and the ariel  is unrestored and very original and lovely

condition.  

• Like 1

I started on a Suzuki ZR50 at 16, jumped into a car at 17 then back on a bike at 21 as soon as i was old enough for a full licence.

9 months later me and my FZR400 got hit side on by a learner driver, 10 weeks off work and two years arguing who's fault it was put me off bikes ...,.. I did get a Cbr400 a few years after but got fed up of traffic and the defening wind noise in your ear on a long run.

I've since found the Ron Haslem racing school, it

Was at donning ton but now at Silverston, it was about £250 last time I went, you get 30 laps on there bike, there leathers and helmets, no cars, no caravans and no kerbs if you come off. They encourage you to go fast it's worth every penny so that's my way of still getting the buzz now and then.

Loved the colour coded Elise and bike photos!!

Had a various assortment of japscrap, and some 19 years ago I finally gave up driving those and converted to Laverda.   Had a RGS1000 for many years, then changed over to my dreambike the Laverda SFC1000 - old style Italian sportsbike, and hard and involving to drive, but very rewarding.

Wouldn't want any other. Still trying a modern bike every now and then, just for a short drive.  Each to his own of course, but only Laverda for me ;)

Now, if only I could find out how to insert an image...?

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Jacques, I tried out a Triumph Speed Triple this summer and fell in love with it. Sadly, the look from my wife made me decide to save my money for another year!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi Anthony,

Well, yes for most of us, it have to be a negociation with our better half. Sometimes it takes a while and some prep to reach there, but I am sure eventually you'll get there. I have a friend who raced his T595 for years, also riding Laverda, and he really like the modern Triumphs. Now he is looking at a BMW r1000rrrrr something ;)

Lotus-wise it took me a long time to talk over my wife to get an Esprit, so just bought it a few weeks ago ;)

But my Laverda is going to stay for sure. Anyway, good luck with your bike! A speedtriple is surely a very nice bike to ride. I am sure it's a 120 degree like mine?

Cheers,

Jacques.

Edited by Jacques

Please find out how to post Laverda pictures, they would be appreciated!

I'd love a Speed Triple too but I think the very latest one isn't quite as gorgeous as the previous model.

However my next bike has to be a new ZX10R. I will be growing out of litre bikes soon so need to get one before I do.

post-1034-0-77699700-1381440270.jpg

Hmm, here's my bike.

Sorry for the ultra low resoloution, but bigger than that is not allowed.

Anyway, it's an ultra fun bike to ride, and pretty light at just around 200 kilo (remember it's from 1986, designed in 1973), with my few mods.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Edited by Jacques

• 2 months later...