Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Customising my Evora - Specifically Paint/Vinyl work - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Customising my Evora - Specifically Paint/Vinyl work

Jez_mond

Hi All,

I have a starlight black N/A Evora MY2010. It has Oyster leather interior and looks a drives really well. Nothing but 100% feedback from family and friends.

See Below:

http://www.alloygator.co.uk for the orange wheel rims. The alloys are very easy to scuff on an Evora and these would give the orange accenting and pritection for around £59.95. Anybody used these before or something similar/better?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know, i think your right and with my interior colour, i think a mixture of orange/black and grey is all i could get away with.

I If i was any good at photo-shop it might help, but I'm not so I am currently airbrushing a 1:24 scale model of the Evora and attaching various vinyl's and seeing how it looks.Looks ok with an orange stripe, then matt black, then a thin orange stripe, about 8 inches wide in total, slightly offset from the centre. 

Or an inverse version of this, where Black is the main colour and Orange the accent.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darylchapman/7739859040/sizes/m/in/photostream/

Your a little bit spooky wit that suggestion as i have my model actually made up in that livery as we speak. Looks pretty cool. Been quoted £55 a wheel and £60 the mirrors.

Its a definite statement, wife hates the idea, but she doesn't even like the car anyway, prefers the Land Rover as its easier to park :help:

In my many efforts to bring the perfect Evora to the table aside from the,  ahem, Freddie Mercury special edition. I thought the Orange and black thing would work.

Its a painted model, but could it work????? I mean could it really? or would it look like the most incongruous load of pork nonsense?

I really love the Orange and Black Colours together and realise this is a terrible mock-up, but you get the point. With some matt black and silver stripes either side of the orange, could it work??????????????? much thinking over this, tell me if its a terrible idea?

If it were me I would be looking to do something with gold to stay with the Lotus heritage. I loved the black/gold/red F1 special Evora from 2011 but not to everyone's taste. Trouble with the Porsche scheme is exactly that and I think people would constantly compare it but say it doesn't work as well on the Evora.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I like the Black and Orange, looks good.

Certainly better than just plain Black, which I have always thought plain & boring on a sports car. Plain black is for hearses and limo's.

A sports car should exude drama, it should look fast even when it's stopped. Colour is as much a part of that as the body styling, in fact colour can make or break the styling. How many times have you seen cars you think of as motoring porridge, then one day you see it in a paint scheme that really works for it and suddenly the porridge becomes Caviar.

Who cares if another brand has previously used a similar scheme. Porsche used Gulf colours on LeMans cars for ages, does that make the McLarens using it now look like Porsche imitators? No, they look bloody great, because those colours look right on them and add drama.

Keep going and refining

Who cares if another brand has previously used a similar scheme. Porsche used Gulf colours on LeMans cars for ages, does that make the McLarens using it now look like Porsche imitators?

Yes.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I don't associate that with Porsche at all although I would the Gulf colours strangely enough.  I like the colours combo although would never have anoher black car myself as I am not an avid car washer.  I associate it with Lotus as they have probably had more striped cars released over the years than most as factory options, and certianly you see a lot of striped Elises etc. on the roads.  I like the effect and agree it would have drama standing still although just how stand out one wants to be depends on personal circumstance.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Well here is the thing chaps. It's going into the body shop bit by bit, the wing mirrors and wheel rims are being done on Thursday. There will also be stripes, the full length of the car and they will involve Burnt Orange, light blue,  silver and matt black. I couldn't give a monkeys if this is not the norm. It wasn't the norm to buy the car and take that risk over depreciation, or put on the exhaust and CAI from Hell but I did that too. This is an experiment in everything I wanted to do as a kid to a car I loved. OK the Evora wasn't out then, but the same dreams were all projected onto the Lambo Countach when I was a lad and every time I got into my Dad's Vauxhall Viva L, I dreamed of the Lambo. Family and career changes things all the time but the little fella inside still wants to mod his own Lambo. 

This car will be everything I want it to be, I will share the journey and if you hate it, that's ok, I am doing it for me, We are a long time dead and I've never modded a car before so here we go. The look on the grand parents faces when you extract a toddler and baby from the car are priceless.

Should I sell up and buy a Zafira now and forget all this nonsense!!!

Not for one second...lovin it.

John B, love the positivity mate, nicely put. Love that I am sharing this debate over in Taz, the power of the internet, always gets me., I'm a 70's child and it makes me chuckle how connected we all are now.

Al, appreciate the comments, the end point has to be tasteful or the attention will be embarrassing and defeat the point, so it will look like it has been put through the school of Porsche/Lotus/Lambo racing school but in a light dampened down version that doesn't involve an actual racing livery but a take on what I like.

Trev, I just don't like Gold and Black and without the GTE kit, it would look a bit half arsed, so not for me I am afraid.

Is it normal to think this much about cars every day?? my brain hurts.

Here is the car on Video with the Radium and custom exhaust.

Nice sounding Exhaust Scott :-)

I'm the same as you, spent my youth lusting after Countach's, GT40's and 60's nd 70's F1 cars.

When I decided it was time to buy myself a sports car this year, I looked at Mercedes, Porsche, and the others but what I wanted was something that gave me the feel of a race car the the small boy in me still dreamed about, not a two seat luxury taxi.

My Elise delivers perfectly, with styling cues from some glorious sports cars like the GT40' and Dino, in BRG with racey stripes, I smile with satisfaction every time I look at it. Some people say "I couldn't live with something so awkward to get in and out of" WHAT!! I love it, every time I crouch down and fall into the drivers seat over the wide side rails its part of the magic.

I look forward to the pictures and story.

Terrible idea.  Should have just bought an Orange Evora ;)

Here here. Couldn't agree more. :)

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Here here. Couldn't agree more. :)
Terrible idea.  Should have just bought an Orange Evora ;)

What are two smoking?

Iit's much easier to paint orange stripes on a black car than it is to buy an orange one then paint 95% of it black leaving the only the orange stripes ...... Geeeez you guys always the hard way. :) rofl

If it were me I would be looking to do something with gold to stay with the Lotus heritage. I loved the black/gold/red F1 special Evora from 2011 but not to everyone's taste. Trouble with the Porsche scheme is exactly that and I think people would constantly compare it but say it doesn't work as well on the Evora.

Trevor.

This would be my opinion as well.  I don't dislike the Black & Orange, but Black & Gold would be more Lotusy

First bit of colour went on today and I like it. The rest is getting done over the next 4 weeks as we add it bit by it and see how it looks. Its will have rear spoiler and the GTN barge boards on the sides too if Lotus racing will sell me them separately.

Pictures are being taken as we go and I will duly deliver the finished pictures when the whole process is complete. Its a marmite thing is car modding, I've looked through TLF, SELOC and Lotus Talk forums loads of times at all the various different incarnations members have come up with and to be honest 75% of the time they are pretty good with some awesome and maybe the other 25% a bit odd for my taste, however. It's personal to the owner I takes zero effort to do nothing to the car and quite a bit of time, effort and refinement to do something a little different. 

I will return with pics :smoke: