Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Year started with a bang - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Year started with a bang

Roger 912

Oh boy. Some idiot on New Years eve lit one of those Chinese lanterns and it blew against the cliff face close to where our house is situated. The bush caught fire but the fire department were soon on the scene at the top of the cliff and stopped it from spreading. the following day there was no problem but on the 3rd I was up on my roof pressure cleaning it when I noticed the fire had started again with the gale force wind that was blowing from the South West.. Well to cut a long story short the fire soon spread to the dense bush at the back of my house and the flames that were well over 20 metres high went over the high wall and the double car port and went underneath the eaves of the house setting the room above the double garage on fire. When the fire brigade, together with a Huey helicopter dropping buckets of muddy water on the house, got the fire out, I could view the damage which was confined to the rear of the house only.

Whilst the garage was burning around me I was fumbling to find the keys to the Esprit and the Excel and eventually drove them both out to safety.

The chief Traffic Officer of our town came up to me during the fire and said "did you manage to get your Lotus cars out?" He had his priorities in the right order.

Thank God for insurance.

Edited by Roger 912

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, what a way to start the new year! Really sorry to read this. Please accept my best wishes for a speedy outcome with your insurance companies. Thank goodness nobody was hurt and you got the cars out.

A Huey as used in the Vietnam war? I know there is one flying tourists from the Cape Town waterfront but did not realise they were still in general use. 

that could have turned out so much worse. I hope you get everything back to normal without any trouble.

Good luck :)

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM

A house fire is something that, gladly, I have never had to deal with.

Glad you are ok and you got the cars out.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yikes, Roger! Sorry to hear of your calamitous entry into the New Year, but glad your fire department was as responsive as it was. Could have been oh so much worse. Think positive thoughts: a few months from now you'll be enjoying your newly refurbished media room (or whatever you elect to create) above the garage. :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Crikey! Time to find the toe rag and give him a good shoe'ing!

Glad you all and your cars are ok bud.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

A close run thing...lucky you spotted the fresh outbreak in time to get something done about it! Glad you got the cars out, that would have been truly tragic....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein