Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
first meet of the season.... - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

first meet of the season....

dodge1979

So whos uo for a little drive out somewhere, coffee and cake. Doesnt have to be far, im thinking Sunday 3rd February, so not next weekend the one after...maybe meet up late morning and have an hour driving to a destination then a little time chatting before a drive back.. Suggestions welcome as to a suitable destination or area...lets pick somewhere we dont normally head to...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know where you are headed but how about meeting at Donnington sevices or that area ?? Just another thought , have you done a visit to the Donnington grand Prix collection, well worth a visit.

Dont worry,be happy.............

Trev, cheeses run is just the destination...its a famous cheese maker near Buxton (i think)... In a village somewhere...the purchasing or appreciation of cheese is optional I guess!

Martin, not personally but as no doubt ill have the mrs with me that wouldnt go down well with her! Mind you I doubt she has an interest in cheese either...so long as there is a decent pub/cafe at the destination for coffee etc it doesnt matter where we head..

Trev do a google hartington cheese shop,its got its own web page,next door is a nice little cafe with good food.

Donnington as most of us know a great museum,you dont need to go into the museum you can just go into the shop and cafe,only pay if you go into museum.

:shuriken:   

Ah did a search and found the cheese shop but thought the run must be something else. Will depend on the weather a little as its a decent run for a cup of coffee but want to go nonetheless.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Well, shall we say then if the weather is good we can look to do this or a trip for an afternoon, but if its naff..ie icy, snowy, pissin with rain, we can leave it and if anyone wants to meet local we can do so...itd be a shame for those interested to come a good distance for a sodden afternoon..

If its dry me and the mrs would be up for this? Donnington / Buxton would hopefully mean I could meet one of you guys on the way via the M1 or the M6 / A50, my esprit hasn't met another esprits yet in my ownership so be warned I might be a bit camera happy !!

Andy, camera happy is how we are! Would be good to meet you, I know I msg you last year about the meets we do. Weather is looking respectable for sunday...it may be a bit like today, sunnyish some cloud but on the whole dry...so shall we recheck by midweek and do a confirmed list of attendees, where each of us.can meet enroute etc...

Andy, I will be heading south on A1, M18, M1 depending on destination, we may be able to meet on route??

Dont worry,be happy.............

Right boys and girls...weather for sunday at the moment seems to be looking a bit grimm...so does anyone have any opinions whether we should postpone and try another weekend where we can gain maximum attendance and some rays?

Ok the consensus is to skip this weekend...just as a heads up then, the following weekend 10th feb (sunday) is the usual breakfast meet here just outside of Leamington.all welcome.of course.. I believe the following sunday after that im waving my dearest off at the airport so thats out for me, leaving the 24th feb. Not sure if this is the race retro show at stonleigh here in Warwickshire, some may already be off to that..if not then that is viable...or the.first weekend of March! Obviously if there are any midweek meets happening please mention as they may be suitable for some folks in the mean time...