Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Canon 600D blurry focal points - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Canon 600D blurry focal points

Bibs

When my camera was sent away with Jessops to their repairer they were to fix the d-pad on the back of the camera, the buttons had become sticky and lost their positive feel. They did this (although not well and it's being repaired again, they only replaced a circuit board and not the buttons!) and when the camera was returned the top 1 and bottom 3 focal points had decent sized blurs around them, almost looking like a fingerprint.

I've taken it now directly to the repairer who said that they've checked 20 Canon cameras and they're all the same, and Canon themselves said it's fine. Now I'm 100% sure this wasn't the case before the camera went back and having done some astrophotography (it's much more visible against a dark background) I'd have thought I'd have noted it before. They even got another 600D and showed me the same effect, although I'm of the mind that that one was not right either! 

Can anyone else with a Canon let me know if there see anything like this? From some online research, it appears that the focal screen is misaligned but they're denying it's the case. The problem stems from their care of the camera including a 'general clean' with I believe has misaligned a previously correctly aligned focal screen. Thanks.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a 600D (got it not long after that excellent photography day you organised) and no blur around any of the focal points on this one, they are all identical and nice and clear. There is a"halo" around each of the LED focus points unside those rectangles in the viewfinder  do you think the engineers were seeing that and not the thumbprint you can see?

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!