Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit 'Timeline' Display at Brands Hatch 2013 - Page 8 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit 'Timeline' Display at Brands Hatch 2013

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Gert - are you booked on a specific Eurotunnel train and, if so, what time are you due to hit UK soil ??

I live 5 minutes from the UK side of the Eurotunnel so could try to meet and drive up the M20 together if you like ??

Hi Steve,

I booked the train of 8.20 GMT+1, so this means I should be out of the train at 8.00 your time if all goes well.

Its always tropical in Kent, Gordon - and tomorrow is no exception as we're due a VERY tropical rain storm...

Tropical aaaaahhhhh must not forget my short pants, sandals, sunglasses and Hawaiian shirt then ;-)

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Just spent the best part of a week polishing the car including undertray etc and its now sitting under clothes in the garage. But tomorrow seems to be heading for the mother of all storms with thunder and lightning for good measure. Will be the first time in four years the car has seen rain - not even sure it will run in the rain!!! 

Just spent the best part of a week polishing the car including undertray etc and its now sitting under clothes in the garage. But tomorrow seems to be heading for the mother of all storms with thunder and lightning for good measure. Will be the first time in four years the car has seen rain - not even sure it will run in the rain!!! 

Sounds very familiar, my wiper is like +5 years old... :o

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Its always tropical in Kent, Gordon - and tomorrow is no exception as we're due a VERY tropical rain storm...

Just checked the forecast again.....things are looking up, it's now just light rain from 11:00 to 13:00........its just the rest of the day thats heavy rain now :)

What's the betting on the time when the first member of the public does the "it's just as well these things go under water" quip?

I wil go for 10:30

The forecast is getting better all the time for tomorrow. Now showing light rain or showers for most of the day apart from first thing in the morning so go safely when driving to Brands people - we need all your cars intact for the timeline!

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

Well im nestled in the next village up enjoyin a beer.. car is undercover and washed after the m40/m25 fly squating exercise this afternoon. .just awaiting my yummy blue steak....mmmmtasty.com....ill be there at8 too

It's very wet. Saw the sun for about a minute earlier but the weather has dampened the atmosphere a bit!

But nice to see a load of TLF folk and we've been out on 2 parade laps of the GP circuit at 15mph max...

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

Such a shame the weather wasn't more cooperative.....even so, such a great sight to see all those Esprits. Well done to all those that made the effort to take part.

I hope you guys & gals are having a good time, has the rain stopped yet?. I've had a really tedious day, (my parents open garden weekend) cutting grass weeding etc, and sittinground talking to visitors about the garden/house. still only one more day to go. wish I was up at brands..

Well I had a fine time Steve, though the rain did put a real dampner on it in a very literal sense - my feet were soaking wet and very cold!

Highlights for me were:

the Esprit timeline.  Only a couple of slots missing and very impressive, but a real shame that that old knacker disco was parked in the middle of the line from before 8 in the morning.

IMG_9908_zps1c983767.jpg

It meant the V8s were separated off the main line.

IMG_9909_zpsbdf86d6b.jpg

The Lotus Cortina turnout.  I just had no idea so  many were still alive and kicking - and from an admittedly cursory look - all in A1 condition.

This was their line up from opposite the TLF stand to their Marquee

IMG_9897_zps530ba94c.jpg

And this was it from the other end of their display to the same marquee

IMG_9905_zpsf4ca486b.jpg

and that was on top of all of the racing ones, of which there were plenty to fill the grid for their 50th anni race

IMG_9916_zps0f0cc5ee.jpg

Amazing!

The 7s had a colourful lineup

IMG_9912_zps6418c743.jpg

And of course all topped off by the TLFers

IMG_9895_zps9d23186e.jpg

Twas a long day - left just after 5am (in the dry) picked up the rain on the M3 got thoroughly wet all day, left just before 5 and drove through torrential rain until the A303 then fine...and got home around 8pm.  They had a sunny day down here....

Despite that, good as ever to catch up with everyone and meet some new peops.   Happy days!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Good day despite the weather - well organised Bibs.

The racing was actually more interesting in the rain as all that sliding and spinning made it more of a spectator sport.

I have never taken my car out in the rain since owning it so I certainly found out where all the leaks where - windscreen and sunroof to mention just a couple. Driving home was interesting with all that standing rain - thought we might be swamped at one stage.

Car is now sitting outside looking unhappy and I am wondering if I will ever get to put it in the garage again. 

thanks for the pics Mike, looks a good turnout despite the weather! shame about the pesky landrover. Nice to see Lionel parked inn a prominent position. Down in Dorset it did at least stay dry all day.

• Like 1

Bibs,

Thank you soo much for the effort of getting us all together in the Esprit time line.

Beautiful bunch on the track and I hope that some very nice pictures are made..

I got my old esprit safely home in Belgium.

Weather.... oh well, today was very good.

Geert

• Like 1

An excellent weekend meeting new people and putting faces to screen names. Brilliant that we were able together all the Esprit's together and the highlight was presenting Brian Angus with his sculpture.

Sent from my iPhone