Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alfaise / Alfora 4c - Competitor? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alfaise / Alfora 4c - Competitor?

http://issuu.com/sjharrison13/docs/issuu_sept_preview/7?e=0

Yes, it's difficult to judge by the pictures, and of course the Alfa is much smaller. I view it more like a mid-engined MiTo. So if it's priced like an Audi TT or a Boxster I would think twice before laying out the cash, because lots of the switchgear looks the same as in my wife's red city rocket. The MiTo's TCT gearbox is good, though, so if it's similar in the 4C it should be fun.

But Stirling you're damn right about Lotus having to wake up. Of course the budget needed to develop, produce, and sustain a car like that is easier for the Fiat group than for Lotus. But making good cars is not enough - marketing them is just as important for survival. And keeping ahead of the curve.

In the same issue CAR do a review of the Exige S Roadster - a good review that made me think: hey, I could I live with one of those every day AND have some serious fun on the track. But I will need a personal test drive to determine whether, for me, this is more than a V6-powered spine-breaking Exige.

Edited by Anthony27

Headlamp change from the prototype saved Alfa just over 4 million euro!

Shame as its the only thing I also don't like, the rest is gorgeous! It's an everyday Ferrari.

I've had a few Alfa's, the badge brings a smile to your face every time you sit in it! Just like the Lotus badge.

Let's hope it drives well, if its like a Masser then won't be for me. But if its inbetween an Elise and a Cayman as suggested... :-0

Ca I order those headlights with the machine guns installed?  006-Style.  :rambo:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

To me it looks more and more like Alfa's answer to the last Lotus Europa.  The two seats are close together so you are on elbow-rubbing terms with your passenger.  The sills are high.  It's light and not full of gadgets but it's trimmed to a nice level..  The final touch is it's powered by a turbocharged four-cylinder engine.  Sounds like a Europa to me.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...

it looks they have a proper product plan, hopefully Lotus will react by positioning an Exige NA roadster in the 40k bracket

New headlights
Targa
More powerful version

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113101164280/

"A new report indicates Alfa Romeo has some updates in tow for the recently introduced 4C."

Auto Edizione is reporting the Italian marque will offer the 4C with a new set of headlights derived from the 2011 concept. This is great news since the headlight design has been the subject of many disputes revolving around what we consider as being a very beautiful car. This piece of information has actually been confirmed by the car's design team leader Marco Tencone..."

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

it looks they have a proper product plan, hopefully Lotus will react by positioning an Exige NA roadster in the 40k bracket...

Lotus react? Firstly that's not DRB's style and secondly Alfa are streets ahead with this one. 

A n/a Exige is pretty much an Elise S so what's the point? Lotus need to think ahead but it's not going to happen while the pen pushers are in charge.

Sure Alfa is part of a big organisation but the 4C is driven by people who understand what the future holds for sport cars. To bad the 4C's not available for a while, initial UK launch cars are all sold out, ( 1 per dealer ), and the dealer I spoke to said full production models are at least a year away.  Shame, get rid of those daft headlights and it's a stunner, as well as being a technical bargain the price.

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Am I the only one who thinks that the side view of the convertible makes it look a bit beetle-backed?  I would hope an Evora drophead would be better looking.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Am I the only one who thinks that the side view of the convertible makes it look a bit beetle-backed?  I would hope an Evora drophead would be better looking.

There is no official picture of the targa 4C so I guess you refer to some photoshop assumptions? I hope the Evora convertible will be similar to the spyker venator, as they share the same platform & engine.

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

On the cover of this month's Top Gear mag, big article inside too, the Hamster loves it but the interior's SO cramped it makes him look like Clarkson!  :harhar:

...plus as someone else said, that interior is plastic heaven, shame as the carbon tub should be the main feature in there. Please tell me Lotus are secretly planning a new Elige, super lightweight carbon tub, drop dead gorgeous looks and a decent, yet stripped out interior for similar dosh? 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit that this video configurator is really nice - but as long as you can´t delete this front lamps...:-)

As often said : the lotus configurator, esp the paint options are not helpful - Lotus should keep in mind that a configurator is often a typical "desk toy" which helps for the first contact with a brand / car.

@@@Advantage: green? not here...........

• 3 months later...