Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finding all Sport 300 and X180R - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Finding all Sport 300 and X180R

jep

No-one has a clue. The last one I know of that was for sale was No. 63, also black but RHD, back in 2013. I was offered it for £50k which seemed a lot at the time.

All Esprits have risen since then but £50k remains a psychological barrier. Right now there is a 7000 mile V8 and a 9900 mile S4s both asking high 40's. The same S4s was for sale back in 2013 for £30k but didn't sell for ages. Only an S1, Essex or S300 could achieve more than £50k today, the question is, by how much?

I'm going to get the car cleaned up, take some more detailed pictures, and film some video as well. I'm looking to list the car for 80k. I will start here first and give the forum a few days to spread the word before i post on Ebay and other various suggested web sites. The car is in pristine condition take away some minor rock chips and road debris from being driven over the years. Everything works including the AC. I have 1 key, and all the manuals/documentation to go along with it. If you are looking to export the car i can also help with shipping arrangements. Thank you!

Video is a very good idea. Am I right to assume that's $80k?

It would be great to have a rough idea of shipping costs.

Anyone know if there will there be any import taxes or anything more to pay?

12 hours ago, The Pits said:

No-one has a clue. The last one I know of that was for sale was No. 63, also black but RHD, back in 2013. I was offered it for £50k which seemed a lot at the time.

All Esprits have risen since then but £50k remains a psychological barrier. Right now there is a 7000 mile V8 and a 9900 mile S4s both asking high 40's. The same S4s was for sale back in 2013 for £30k but didn't sell for ages. Only an S1, Essex or S300 could achieve more than £50k today, the question is, by how much?

Yes weird how that changes isn't it? 
I had trouble swallowing £30 000 for a mint condition V8. In hindsight £52 000 is a bargain for a S300. I'd probably go up to 65 000 today to be honest. I'd have to sell both Esprits and add some money but it'd be worth it. Those 315 rears those wheel arches, the SE bodywork hiding an S4 chassis with its superb handling and ride. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

£65k for a perfect one perhaps. The hard part is finding a really treasured example. Quite a few sadly had been messed about with.

This one will be put back to standard for sure if word gets out about £65k values but it still wouldn't be what I had in mind nor worth selling my dry sump for. The wheels looked amazing but there's a lot of work needed to get that looking like the Sport 300 of my dreams again. I find it mystifying why anyone would 'mod' a Sport 300, surely to Jesus you'd start with an S4? Someone even removed the signature wheel arch extensions! 

There was a silver one for sale in Australia that looked really nice (REALLY nice) but as with this car how will anyone from Europe really know until it rolls out of the container? 

:wub:

by heavens that's lovely! It's great even just to see another video of one!

looks like a really nice car, very standard. I really like the interior personally, it'll be even better now you've found the original clocks. No idea what colour that is but it's not solid black, looks stunning either way, i don't think I've seen one in that colour before.

what tyres does it have on it out of interest?

at this point my best chance is for Trump to do something that sends the dollar tumbling fast!

Very very nice - the Sport 300 is such a beauty!! Absolutely love that gauge cluster......so so nice!! Lovely body colour too - looks more gunmetal than black. Not a fan of the cream inside but still lovely. More videos please - let's see one of it driving around in the warehouse and inside that very special engine bay.:thumbup:

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

No idea what colour that is

From the Sport 300 spreadsheet...

SCC082910RHF68033 28468 Feb-94 L Green Metallic 24.03.94 Germany. S4 Int. Leather (now in USA)

Order is: Chassis number, engine number, e. date (?), LHD supplied to Germany, colour, Passed to sales, notes.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It doesn't look very green these days!

I'm guessing that thing on the steering column is a radar detector?

Absolutely beauty you car! And I like the interrior as well.

I just don't get it why on Earth you'd be willing to sell it. I certainly wouldn't if it was mine.

I mean, it's a keeper!

I agree, it would be good to know a bit of the service and history, and a picture or video of the enginebay. Maybe a pic of the front compartment too?

Best wishes and good luck on the sale,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I was just about to ask - how did they manage to sell the S300 in the USA when the S4s didn't even get the arches. Kudos for not drilling in and fitting side indicators to the bumpers!

I'd jump at it if it were in Europe but I ain't giving the state a single penny in terms of VAT or duties.

Wonderful car man. How does it drive compared to regular S4 Esprits?  

On 11/15/2016 at 15:22, The Pits said:

£65k for a perfect one perhaps. The hard part is finding a really treasured example. Quite a few sadly had been messed about with.

This one will be put back to standard for sure if word gets out about £65k values but it still wouldn't be what I had in mind nor worth selling my dry sump for. The wheels looked amazing but there's a lot of work needed to get that looking like the Sport 300 of my dreams again. I find it mystifying why anyone would 'mod' a Sport 300, surely to Jesus you'd start with an S4? Someone even removed the signature wheel arch extensions! 

There was a silver one for sale in Australia that looked really nice (REALLY nice) but as with this car how will anyone from Europe really know until it rolls out of the container? 

Dunno if this puts you at ease, but that doesn't look to be a legit S300 - note the lack of wheelarch extensions in the rear. I'm guessing this is yet another Turbo SE conversion (wrong wrong wrong! Wrong chassis! Wrong suspension geometry! No PAS! the list goes on :D)

Edit: I'm probably mad but I'm actually sitting here mulling it over. Problem is the 25% VAT and 10% import duty applied to cost of car AND shipping..for a car that originally came from Europe....where there are no duties. URGH.

With this I could get rid of the V8 AND the Turbo SE. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I'm out of town for a few days but more pictures and video of the car driving is not a  problem. Im looking to sell the vehicle because I have interest in another and I don't cherish this car the way I'm sure someone else would. Don't get me wrong, the car is very beautiful and it's a dream to drive. I might be making a mistake by selling but it's what I want to do.  If you have any questions or would like to call/email me with an offer please feel free to do so. Thanks

Can you comfirm the colour is in fact green - I personally can see that it could be (like a graphite green colour) as it will help to reassure some of those who are interested in buying.

I'd personally love a yellow Sport 300.......but I'm happy that I've probably got the next best thing, for a lot less spentB-)

1 hour ago, Navigator805 said:

Its actually a very beautiful color. Up close is looks to be a Dark Green metallic.

Certainly different and unusual anyway - add on an extra couple of thousand dollars for the rarity:thumbup:

On 11/13/2016 at 18:55, Vulcan Grey said:

That looks like the German Sport 300 that was for sale in AZ years ago...  IIRC he was selling it for $25k to get rid of it fast before leaving the country!?

I recall an owner of a US based S300 getting into some hot water with Customs over importation of the car and had to get rid of it pronto (or so the story went).   Great looking car

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

It is extremely difficult to road register these cars in the US, anyone who tried it/managed to do it had to go through some magic DMV trickery, as it is not road legal there at all.

From the Sport 300 spreadsheet...

SCC082910RHF68033 28468 Feb-94 L Green Metallic 24.03.94 Germany. S4 Int. Leather (now in USA)

Order is: Chassis number, engine number, e. date (?), LHD supplied to Germany, colour, Passed to sales, notes.

Where does one see a copy of the entire Sport 300 spreadsheet?

Thanks!