Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V Power - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V Power

Is it me!!Just put my first tankfull of Shells new V power in and the car has never run so well.They say its 99 octane as opposed to 98 for Optimax,I know this thread has been well covered before but the difference was noticable!!

Paul (going for another thrash!)84T :(

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's an improvement, I have no clue; V-Power is all I put in the tank! :(

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

V-power is what they call Optimax abroad isn't it?

At least that's what I saw in France but there were so few Shell garages en route that I just used super unleaded from wherever because it's all 98 octane over there.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

The man from Shell told me its a different fuel to Optimax with a higher octane rating and different detergents etc.Optimax was never given a fixed octane rating for some reason,just seems to suit my engine.

Paul 84T

Also I paid 99.4p near Colchester.

Optimax has always been a mystery to me. On the continent, they have had the V Power brand for many years, yet in the UK they launched Optimax (do you remember Formula Shell, which had to be withdrawn?)Now we have the V Power brand, which makes sense. In Germany they do two V Power, one at 102 octane.

Any high performance 4 cylinder will demand the best fuel you can get.

Shell UK has just phased out Optimax and replaced it with V-Power... price is the same (98.9p/litre in Ipswich).

Haven't tried V-Power in the Esprit yet but my JDM Subaru Forester certainly prefers it :(

Edited by Tentenths

I ran the stuff on the mad hoon I went on with the PH boys and girls... Wasn't noticably different to Opti as we have carbs / boost levels that aren't set up for the higher octane rating.

Was 99.9p

Optimax never had a fixed Octane rating as it decayed (fairly rapidly by all accounts) so the longer it sat around in the refinery / tanker / garage, the less it was!

BP do a 100 and something Octane in just 5 filling stations around the UK it's something like

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

it's also called V-power here

link to Shell HK (click me)

I only put either V-power or the best petrol from ESSO-MOBIL

**I checked the web site, strangely, the ESSO web site only promote their lubricants...

I may think about to use SHELL V-Power only

by the way, what do you think about the "HELIX" motor oil??

Edited by esprithk

paid

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy