Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Vulcan Bomber - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Vulcan Bomber

Tentenths

Guest Steve L

I remember many years ago watching the Vulcan just off the shore at Bridlington doing figure of 8's and the vertical climb.

Made v difficult to concentrate on my golf - but wow what a sight.

I'd love a visit to a Vulcan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/p...am=1&bbwm=1

Must admit to having a little watery eye + huge lump in my throat :thumbsup:

What a trully great day, can't !! WAIT !! to se her fly again !

You're STILL in range !

Top bombing !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/p...am=1&bbwm=1

Must admit to having a little watery eye + huge lump in my throat :thumbsup:

What a trully great day, can't !! WAIT !! to se her fly again !

You're STILL in range !

Top bombing !

Stunning aircraft, but what the hell was that in the Union Flag top :o

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Yeah I had to worry about that - still, watching that HUGE wing pull back and the roar of those engines, oh my....

If I'd have known I would have been there !!!

Is this the one that was at Southend airport? or is that still there? I love Cold war stuff :thumbsup:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

She was a LADY...doing ladylike things and wearing a union jack frock like ladies do!

I think that was my former brother in law carrying the huge model Vulcan at Westminster. If so it's the one used in the Thunderball underwater scenes. I 'found' it holding a door open at Aces High at North Weald in the late 1980's, and bought it for

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Pity the govenment didn't do more (then again whats new ?).

Considering the role this aircraft, and the guys who risked their asses on a daily basis, played you'd think it'd be part of a national icon ?

Same with the Concord.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice that XH558 made its first test flight a few days ago? :blink:

Check the web site. Brought a lump to my throat, it did. Still as graceful as ever.

Vulcan to the sky

EDIT : Thread merge hell...that'll teach me to search only on 'Bruntingthorpe'! Count me in on any trip....

Edited by RichardS3

Yes, in fact Jono pm'd me about trying to organise a trip over to see her before too long (sorry mate, intended to do a bit of research before replying and then completely slipped my mind :blink:).

I'll now find out some more and report back asap.

And how about a Spitfire? That would look pretty good buzzing the summer ball!

Could he/she attend the summer ball next year as the turn?? :blink:
Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• 1 year later...

Was at Shugborough Hall in Staffordshire yesterday at the Girlguiding Staffordshire party in the park, celebrating the centenary (don't ask! 7000 girls/women in one place) and about 3:15pm the vulcan flew over.

It had apparently done a recreation of the bombing of the Port Stanley runway at an airshow in Leicester using pyrotechnics - the pilot dropped 21 "bombs".

Reports say that car alarms were set off by the noise and the smoke was visible for 15 miles.

BBC linky

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Saw it too Dave. I'm about 10 miles from Shugborough. Would guess it was about 5000 feet and looked to be heading for Liverpool.

Looked tremendous, sounded tremendous. Yelled at the kids who seemed more interested on their bloody football

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007