Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Espritmon Update - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Espritmon Update

eriks4

• Gold FFM

I made some additions to Espritmon. It can now also read .CSV file recorded by Freescan so it is no longer necessary to import this data into excell to create graphs. Furthermore, in the ABS screen it plots a time history of the brake action and the pump to aid in diagnosing ABS trouble.
Replay from logged files is easier, the filename can be added on the commandline. Sample files for ECM, ABS and SIR are now included. The manual has been updated and if you also happen to own a Lotus Omega or Corvette C4 ZR1 Espritmon can at least communicate with the ECM.
Have fun,

Erik

the link to the archive with the software is: http://tudl0493.home.xs4all.nl/

http://tudl0493.home.xs4all.nl/espritmon_v4.zip

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Erik,

I could never get the original one to work the ABS diagnostics. I know it will be some sort of communication error or something but I am not that computer literate. Is this new update an easier to get working on a laptop without configuring baud ratings or changing the registry? I'll download it and give it a try at my end.

Keep up the good work BTW, without people like you, we wouldn't be able to keep our cars on the road!

Regards,

David

PS. BTW Iam not trying to connect to my V8, it's for an S4.

• Gold FFM

Dave, the trick with the registry hack is only needed in case you have a USB2serial cable that does not allow you to select other baudrates than the standard windows ones (i.e. 300, 600, 1200, 2400 etc.). This is the case with most cables that use the prolific 2303 chipset and the standard prolific driver. If you have a PC with a comport and use a RS232 to ALDL interface, just set the baudrate in the lotus.cfg file to 8192 and it should work. If you have a USB to ALDL interface that works with Freescan, it should work with Espritmon too. So, only if you have an ALDL to RS232 interface and want to hook it up to a USB port using a USB2Serial interface which does not allow the user to select a non-standard baudrate, the registry-hack is needed. I tested this with 3 different USB2Serial interfaces (from different brands, but all using the Prolific 2303 chipset) and it works for everyone of them (for 32 bit versions of Window, in the 64 bit version it does not work!)

Good luck,

Erik

Hello Erik,

Thanks for writing such an excellent application, which I find very useful to keep my Esprit going well and this latest version sounds even better.

The previous version runs perfectly on XP PC but when I try the new version I get this error "Unable to load texture \d3s\fonts\default.bmp".

I completely understand that you only offer Espritmon "as is" and cannot offer individual support but does this error mean anything to you please?

Regards,

Paul.

• Gold FFM

Paul, thanks for catching this so soon. I just noticed that there was one file missing in the cfg directory, it is the fontdir.cfg. It tells Espritmon where to look for fonts and textures. On my computer it worked ok because by default espritmon looks for fonts at a default location and they were there on my laptop and that's why I didn't catch it when building the new archive.

I just updated the archive on the website. Alternatively (if you still have a previous version), just copy this file to the cfg directory.

Good luck,

Erik

Great stuff Erik. Thanks a lot. I'd seen your history graph on a previous screendump but it was not available. It is now!

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

• Gold FFM

Erik,

Nice to see the progress you have made. I believe that the ability to run the Freescan file will greatly approve the usefulness of Freescan. Much easier to see what is going on with visual graphics. Not being an accountant or programmer I get jumbled by column after column of numbers....

Side note....All well with you and the family ?

Christopher

• 2 months later...

Erik, thanks for your contribution. In the manual, you say that the program don't work in the olds computers with pentium III 350Mhz: Confirmed !

But, do you know if it is possible download from ECU to a file with this computer? I had tried ...

• Gold FFM

If the PC doesn;t have enough computing horsepower to run Espritmon, you can consider to write your own downloadsoftware for the ECU ROM. It is fairly straightforward.

You need to provide the ECU with a mode 2 request to obtain 64 bytes from a certain memory location. To get the first 64 bytes, transmit:

0xF0,0x58,0x02,0x80,0x00 followed by the checksum. You will receive the header 0xF0,0x96,0x02, followed by 64 data bytes and a checksum

To get the next 64 bytes, increment the low byte with 0x40, and transmit:

0xF0,0x58,0x02,0x80,0x40 followed by the checksum.

After you get the data, increment again to 0x80, 0xc0 and then increment the high byte to 0x81, repeat the low byte increments etc. Then to 0x82, 0x83 etc. etc. Continue to store the received sets of 64 bytes (check the checksum and repeat request for same data if checksum not ok). This is what Espritmon does if you command it to download the ECU ROM to file. With the 8192 bit/s it takes a couple of minutes.

Good luck,

Erik

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can not, no matter what I do, get EM to load a CSV. What am I doing wrong?

post-78-0-62697000-1303151732_thumb.jpg

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

• Gold FFM

Yes, Colin is right, my first test was to rename it to PTuning.csv and it loaded. I will look into this, thanks.

Interesting results. Based on the acceleration (estimated from change in speed using engine run-time field, not very accurate but it gives an indication) and estimated mass, Espritmon thinks that your max Torque was 495 Nm and max power 406 Hp. This overestimate results because on the road you would have the airdrag to deal with. I will add a function to compensate for that and see how close the estimate is to the dyno.

Have fun,

Erik

• 4 months later...

Erik,

Are you working on a decoding methodology to get the bin file for the Memcal Lotus codes? It would be glorious to be able to actually tune these engines to make more power that they should be capable of! I've tried many avenues to get hold of the file to use TunerPro/ or TunerCat, but no such luck. Ideas? Thoughts?

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• Gold FFM

Darren, somehow I have had a version on the web with one particular file missing in the CFG directory. I fixed this in the current archive. The file you need is the DEU.CFG file. You can either get it from the current archive on my website or create an ASCII file in the espritmon/cfg directory with the name DEU.CFG and the following content:

DEU=256

USE_NET=0

USE_DINPUT=1

MOUSE_ACTIVE=1

MOUSE_TIMER=2000

DUALMODE=0

Erik

• 1 year later...

Downloaded Espritmon from link in this thread, cannot open any of the .cfg files - receiveing error message 'cannot download / file is corrupt'...? (I'm running o/s Windows 7...) Can anyone help please? Trying to diagnose an ABS fault. Thanks, Nick.