Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Motorcycles - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Motorcycles

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Its an official use of the brand or they would be sueing. This is just in line with Lotus policy of only discussing a product when it's in a showroom ready to buy nowadays.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...

THe original news came out in late June and they said "in the next few weeks"  more images would be available.  Now here it is mid August and nothing?

Kyle Kaulback

THe original news came out in late June and they said "in the next few weeks"  more images would be available.  Now here it is mid August and nothing?

Considering the people involved in this so called project, what did you expect?

Guest surferphil

It wouldn't be the first time a Lotus customer took it upon themselves to use the Lotus name on an un sanctioned product (without permission).

• 4 months later...

http://www.pianetariders.it/2014/01/la-lotus-c-01-moto-da-200-cv-pronta-per-fine-febbraio/36889

Chrome will translate, but I've pasted the English copy of the copy below.

Lotus_luca_bar-620x330.jpg

The Lotus C-01, jet 200 hp, ready for the end of February

Posted by: Step rumbling in anticipation , News 01/10/2014 1 Comment 415 Views

The eagerly awaited C-01, a sophisticated two-wheeler produced by Lotus and powered by a V-Twin 200 hp could be filed as early as next February

It was last June, when the news of the arrival of a Lotus on two wheels broke bully on the Web by turning the fantasy of many. A few months later, it's back to talk about this fascinating project, called Lotus C-01 , which - apparently - it could be officially presented at the end of February.

As for the engine, it is called a V-Twin for over 200 horses , while the design of the bike (above hypothesis made ​​by Luca Bar) should be inspired by the famous Lotus 49.

At present, the C-01 (which is also rumored a possible less sophisticated version and the more affordable price) is engaged in a series of rigorous tests, with over 1000 km of run assets, so that everything is in order to end February, when you finally raise the curtain on this long-awaited new

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

With Lotus being as innovative as they are, I thought they would opt for a different front suspension setup to telescopic forks which is what it looks like in this rendering?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

That sketch is from Luca Bar, its just a "hypothesis" as the text says so I wouldn't get hung up on it.

Here's a similar article from Visordown but its not clear who their source is. Could be they're just reading another story themselves.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/new-lotus-c-01-motorcycle-gets-a-200hp-v-twin/24289.html

Whats most interesting is the hint at the motor, A V twin tuned from 170 up to 200 PS. Definitely not from BMW then. Ducati are already at 195PS with the Panigale so it suggests its not that. 

If I were a gambling man (which I'm not) I'd put money on it being the 1198 KTM RC8 motor.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ktm/ktm_1198_rc8_r_track%2011.htm

That design looks like it came out of the Ark. Very 1990s. Rubbish.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg