Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Silverstone Classic 26 28 Jul - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Silverstone Classic 26 28 Jul

dazmans3

Anyone going to this. I ve got my tickets for the full 3 days and for the first time in over 2 years my esprit is fit to attend a show so thought this one as good a show to start with.Almost wasnt going to happen as had issues with my cooling fans 2.5 days in the garage later and alI sorted. I ll be on club lotus stand,with paint barely dryed and engine just run in...sorry if i missed this if mentioned elsewhere on a topic on here.

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Daz

I'm going in my S1 Esprit, I go every year

Will be nice to see your mint Turbo Esprit

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

Yup... I shall be there. will be taking the Blue S3 Na. im partaking in the AA Grand Tour on sat so will be doing that then parking in the designated area. probably doing a parade lap on sun too.....

Hi all,

Everyone needs breakfast and a drive so how about joining the rest of us at F&B's in Banbury to Koch the day off. Not far from Silverstone and can only add to a great weekend. Be pleased to see anyone who can make it.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/58569-sunday-social/page-2#entry465608

Trevor.

Not quite sure how my iPad spell corrected that but should read Start the day :-) oops.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Hang on, how have I missed this! - but have the tickets all gone? 

and what is the AA grand tour?

I'll be there Saturday (tomorrow) so I may see one or two of you around the stand! Will bring the Esprit despite the thunderstorm warnings, as they only *seem* to be for the evening, but I'm not due (or fit) to be displaying so regular riff-raff parking for me.

Fingers-crossed for a dry day!

J

Was a great weekend, and the sun stayed out for most of it, Lots of nice cars here, good turn out of Lotus, racing not bad either

DSC09084.jpg

DSC09074.jpg

DSC09019.jpg

DSC09178-1.jpg

DSC09209.jpgDSC09186.jpgDSC09181.jpg

DSC09018.jpg

DSC09177.jpg

DSC09033.jpg

DSC09035.jpg

DSC09146.jpg

DSC09144.jpg

DSC09058.jpg

DSC09099.jpg

DSC09133.jpg

These guys caused a bit of a traffic jam....everywhere..but as it was there 50th birthday..

It was reported that over 1200 911s of various types turned up just for the parade lap,

DSC09169.jpg

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Great Event as always... had two fantastic days out. Great Cars, great racing too. Que to get in was ridiculous.

Might even try and upload some pics.

Thanks for the pics. Not sure about the number plate on the white car 6th picture though :-)

Trevor.

If your referring to the C reg Esprit S3 N/A, I always have comments about it!! It was once temporarily altered by my work colleagues, no guessing what letter was alterered!!

What a fantastic event, first time to have attended this one. Great pictures, was yours the Pearl White S3 Turbo?  If so nice to have met you and had a chat!! Could not believe the access available to the pits/garage areas - wandering through them while they are still preparing the cars, even got a picture with Derek Bell - what a decent gentleman he is - willing to have photos taken with anyone who asked while he was chatting with his mates.

Hi Daz, was nice to meet you too - your Esprit is in excellent condition, I have some pics to upload too, once I figure out how to do it!

Instructions are in the 'forum info & help' section...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/32256-help-i-cant-post-an-image-or-video-to-the-forum/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Silverstone Classic 2013
Thursday 15th August on ITV4 from 9:00pm to 10:00pm

All the action from the Silverstone Classic event including highlights of the thrilling pre-1966 Formula 1 race and amazing track action from old school sports cars, touring cars and the cream of F1 cars of the past. Also an exclusive interview with broadcasting legend Murray Walker and a unique grid walk through the classic Group C pack with Tiff Needell.