Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
215/50/15 tires for my 89' SE - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

215/50/15 tires for my 89' SE

Guest jdmfd3s

Guest jdmfd3s

Hello guys!

I recently was lucky enough to purchase the car I learned stick shift on back when I was 16. My neighbor's 1989 Esprit SE. The car needs very little to get it back to its original condition, but the main hiccup that I've come across so far is tire sizes. 

I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a tire in both a 215/50/15 and 245/50/16!!!

I've also heard that changing the sizes even a little will dynamically change handling. 

I know this topic has been addressed before but every thread I view.. doesn't have any answers. 

Anyway thank you in advanced!

- Max

• Like 1

Front: 225 50 15, Pirelli P0

Rear   245 50 16, Kumho ECSTA

I have in my SE these mounting for three years with no problems.  With St. Google you can find easy way to buy online !

Feijucho.

Max,

Purchased a pair of Dunlop SP 9000 in 215/50-15 from Tire Rack several years ago.  Monitor 15" tires on a regular basis for my S1.  They are getting difficult to find in a performance tread.  Good luck with your search.  You might also contact Tony Krncevic on this forum.  He's one of America's S! gurus.  Lives in Cleveland now.

Lyn 

• 1 month later...

Front: 225 50 15, Pirelli P0

Rear   245 50 16, Kumho ECSTA

I have in my SE these mounting for three years with no problems.  With St. Google you can find easy way to buy online !

Feijucho.

Interesting. I thought I read on the forum that 225 50 15's rubbed the wheel arches, but after reading this, I'll take another look at this size.

I was looking at buying Toyo Proxes R888 GG Tread for my SE:

225/50ZR15 front

255/50ZR16 rear

Cheers

Ian.

Will fatter tyres at the rear and narrower tyres at the front increase the understeer? Is this a good/bad thing on an SE?

I've noticed that a mild increase in tyre pressure helps alleviate the parking torque. 

Cheers

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

I went for a slightly reduced profile on my fronts and am loving the 215/45/15 Toyo Proxes T1R.

I specifically wanted the T1R and the profile reduction was the best sacrifice in my mind.

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...