Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
XBone vs PS4 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

XBone vs PS4

Bibs

Xbone vs PS4  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Neither. Never get time to use the PS2 and steering wheel I already have.

Where's the 'neither' button?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Getting the PS4 - currently own both systems (ps3/360) but have found Sony to be more robust on the whole through the years (psx,ps2,ps3,psp) - that and they've thus far had fewer hidden/extra charges. The X360 was a f****g nightmare - no Wi-Fi out of the box (costs extra), no online out of the box (costs extra), no rechargeable controllers (costs extra), cant switch HDD straight out, sounded like a hairdrier unless games are installed, and they had a bunch of issues with hardware failure the first few years. I'm shocked my Arcade Edition still lives.

I think XBoxOne is probably going to be great stuff but I can't justify paying more for Kinect in the box considering the Kinect I already have has been a dust magnet since it was bought - no game developer ever did anything useful with it, except Bioware where you got to scream "Quicksave" at your TV while playing Mass Effect 3. That was cool.

Another thing Sony have going for their system is their multitude of exclusive studios develop some ace games - If they can make something as good as "The Last of Us" for PS4 I'll be overjoyed. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

That's good to know. I was going to get the PS4, well, just 'cos really.

Hopefully the new Gran Turismo will finally make up for the disappointment of the last one.

I wouldn't hold my breath if you didn't like the last one. :D Having said that I spent thousands of hours in GT5 - mostly because of the soundtrack. I like lounge/jazz and GT5 had plenty on offer. But a lot of ppl are really fed up with the engine sounds from the GT series - funny thing is they're just recorded with real cars on a dyno - Polyphony Digital don't EQ or tweak them, so while you get raw sound it doesn't sound as bombastic as Forza or other series that put down time on that stuff to bring the "car experience" to the living room.

My pet peeve with GT5 is there's too many Japanese cars, I mean...really, do we need 500 GTR's and Skylines? I want more exotics dammit! And more Loti! I want an Esprit SE!!!! 

• Gold FFM

Top left of your browser with 'back' written on it :)

:hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I think the pre-sales have already shown who the winner is.  First pre-order Stocks of the PS4 are all sold out.  Whereas the Xbox  1 seems to be just hanging in the background as a large cumbersome high(er) cost ugly 1980's mobile phone.  Having a look at the two controllers, ones been nicely updated with advanced internals + touchpad + headphone jack and the other seems to have gone backwards and looks just ghastly - What were they thinking at Microsoft.  

I think Microsoft were trying to play catch up with their new Xbox 1 console, and have now caught up to the PS3 - well done.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 2 weeks later...

This looks remarkably like windows 8.

I hate Windows 8.

Hence I now hate Xbox and all its variants.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

You could have said it looks like Windows Phone, which actually was first with the now-notorious tile system...and is actually quite good!

But what they were thinking with the tiles on a non-touch device (i.e. PC's) is beyond me. They must have been hanging with this guy too much:

3267155862.jpg

Our Games Technology course students have just finished filming a bit for the Gadget Show due to be broadcast in December where they tried out the XBone and PS4 and then commented on them.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• 1 month later...

I'm still proper chuffed with my PS4. Will be better when the prices of games and accessories falls somewhat. So far I'm in for a Game PS4 premium pack, extra controller, Sony controller dock and vertical stand, BF4 Premium, and more stuff but I'll stop now as I'm starting to realise that I could of bought something Lotus themed with that.. Gotta love the toys! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...