Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Strange Lotus Eclat/Excel back end - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Strange Lotus Eclat/Excel back end

• Gold FFM

Came across this car a few months ago basically abandoned although I know the owner but I was intrigued by the rear panel and light cluster. Anybody ever seen one like this.

post-12149-0-36603500-1383669563.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

The bumper and rear lihgts look standard(?) Look like someone has plonked/made a big spoiler on the back of the boot over the standard small lip one. I don't think Adrian Newey will be copying it(!) The bit that says Lotus above the rear lights could be grafted off an esprit maybe.

Mat.

interesting wheels as well.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Three of them found on a remote Island off the West coast of Scotland of all places one is being restored the others still to be decided.

There looks to be an interesting gold Elite behind it! Now that's worth saving!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

I may have the option on all three cars. see attached pics, I can get more info from the current owner as I know he has another that he is restoring. Also noticed two of them still have mirrors !.

post-12149-0-28257500-1383735008.jpg

post-12149-0-11322300-1383735048.jpg

post-12149-0-91794300-1383735165.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh

Other 2 look more original, though that spoiler is nasty on the second Eclat as well.  

I sooooo badly need to get out more...I'm starting to recognise number plates on these things :wacko:

Lotus_Elite_S1_Gold_Front.jpg

The gold automatic on your trailer is only a few numbers away from THIS gold automatic S1! I knew it had been sold to a guy in London, thought for a second it had ended up in Mull or wherever you were.

I thought you had no more space john? :harhar:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

Space is at  a premium but if someone wants the old elite for the new chassis I could make space for another one. Especially the Gold Elite

Where's Tocus when you need him!!

Right now my garage is very full,

= Lotus elite S2.2

= Lotus elite S1

= Lotus Excel

= Lotus Esprit Turbo (red)

= Lotus Esprit Turbo (white)

= Lotus Esprit S2

= Lotus Europa,

the S2.2 and the excel are not my cars, but i must repair something,

i will pick up Next month a excel and a elite and a elite in spares from the UK.

so then i have enough parts again,

so i need to work longer inside my garage and be less behind the forum! haha,

(i also replaced a cambelt on a esprit turbo with the engine inside the car!)

• Gold FFM

Tocus, you need to get up to Scotland and buy this Elite of mine with the new chassis, it's going to waste and taking to much of my space at the moment. I could then get the Gold Elite as next years project, sssh don't tell the Mrs.

• 9 months later...

With regards to the eclat there is period picture of a little know glamour model called jenny thompson coming down the stairs of a cessna in front of this wearing even more of this kit including side skirts and exhast moulding is and eclat. I will try and get it up loaded. The cars reg is njg2 and the plane is g-game.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Ian. :welcome:

Duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Nice spot Ian. There was a thread about a wierd bodykit for the Eclat,

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/63259-eliteeclat-bodykits/?hl=bodykit

and by the numberplate your black and white pic is the demonstrator;

15157415895_35f3277ab6_o.jpg

I don't think it's the same car as the abandoned Scottish one as there is no pop-out sunroof in that one.

Sadly it appears more than one of these kits were made :no

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

the skirts and rear undertray are horrific....however - I really like the ducktail spoiler and tail on the red one up in scotland. I think it suits the car well - particularly with the lairy wheels.

I'm probably in a minority of one, but I think the rake of the spoiler has a 70's 911 RS or Capri RS3100 look to it. Probably knocks 10mph off top speed though! Windjammer tastic!

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting a very old thread here, but the latest Practical Classics shows that sadly not a lot has happened to these cars. Stumbled across this thread while trying to work out what those spoilers were.

_20181002_002233.JPG

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

That's so sad to see them like that 😭

If you think that one's sad. Have a look at the last one I bought a month ago. It's actually sitting on fencing post's as the chassis has snapped in two. The second pic is the interior. Strangely, the dash hasn't split and one of the reasons I bout it along with a good set of carbs and the front chrome is good for helping out another Elite owner. The headlight chrome rings have already been fitted to my 504 type 75.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM
18 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

😭😭😭

Blimey - if you don't mind me asking what is your intention with it?

Using all the salvageable parts to keep others going. The engine is good as it had been removed, oil put in the bores and dry stored. The chrome is all good and going to another car. The diff is good so will do for another. Surprisingly the window frames are still good and various parts of the interior. Most parts are up for grabs at sensible prices. The wheels are real oddball's. Stamped Lotus, but never seen them before.

3.jpg

• Like 1