Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 fuel pipes? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 fuel pipes?

espritmania

Hi is it possible to connect the fuel feed and return wrongly I am in the process of starting a refitted engine and when I tried to start it nearly catches,but not quite.When I depress the throttle fully it tries to fire even better.Is there a sequence for starting a dry of fuel engine .

I do not think that I have done it wrong but a bit of advice and a picture would really help.Thanks Paul.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The feed goes from the filter attached to the bulkhead onto the plenum nozzle then from there onto the end of the fuel rail. The return is a smaller hose that comes from the pressure regulator on the opposite end of the fuel rail and through the sidewall near the air filter box and back onto the tank.

If your concerned it might be fuel starvation then undo the fuel line at the filter place in a pot or suitable contain er and switcgh on the ignition. The pump should run and push fuel out the hose

Fuel pipes fine ,fuel pump fine and there is pressure.When turning the engine over it will fire if i depress the throttle fully but then peter out,fuel starvation.I have had a friend help me  with some bits of the engine and I have a gut feeling that some thing has been switched off without my knowing,I feel that this is around the fuel rail area.Help needed again.