Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alunox 321 SS Manifold for Esprit Turbo Group Buy - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alunox 321 SS Manifold for Esprit Turbo Group Buy

Another chance to buy the 321 Stainless Steel manifold upgrade from Alunox.  This is our 3rd group buy and just to recap on the history of the product. It was developed by Alunox who are a well established engineering company that supply the motorsport industry with tailor made high end exhaust systems, made of exotic materials such as Inconel, titanium and 321 Stainless Steel etc. Alunox took on the job of redesigning the original cast manifold for the Esprit due to its failure rate. But also were able to offer uprated performance using their expertise in this area.

The manifold is constructed from 321 Stainless Steel, precision TIG welded in dedicated jigs giving a fracture proof construction. The flanges are laser cut out of Stainless Steel  to give an accurate fit, the collector uses burns double slip joints to allow movement during the heat cycle whilst being supported by the pivoting brace mounted directly under the turbo.

post-13397-0-83476400-1386071135.jpg

The downpipes are all equal length mandrel bent tubes to maximise flow arranged to fit within the space available. Even at normal driving speeds the exhaust gas temperatures are typically 750 to 850 °C and greater during track use. The manifold has been proven to withstand all the temperatures and conditions produced by the Esprit. The manifold is also lighter than the original cast unit weighing only 6 Kg.  All these attributes produce a durable high quality product with gains in both power and torque and lag reduction.

It has been dyno tested as seen in the video below on a highly modified Esprit running at 424 BHP and 409 lf.ft torque.

http://youtu.be/a2E7w68v-p8

Further in-depth technical info on this can be found on Dave Changes thread  

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/55155-exhaust-manifold-design-test-result/

It has also been track tested and driven hard without fail. Look for feedback on the forum about performance gains.

The kit also includes all gaskets, stainless steel nuts and studs and brace. The turbo flange can be changed to accommodate different turbos, as can the collector be made to order. These adjustments are at extra cost and can be discussed with Leon at Alunox.

The manifold comes with 2 year warrantee, this does not cover fitting and shipping.

The normal one off price is £1150 + VAT.

The group buy price £1000 + VAT + Shipping, for 10 off

I will put up shipping costs later

In addition to this there is also a stainless steel K nut option for the manifold head studs. This is an alternative to the Lotus locking tab washers. This option is about £35. I will post later if anybody's interested.

If you want to take advantage of this offer sign up below and I’ll add you to the list.

Thanks,

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris, looks like your the first ,we will need some interest to get it going

1) Spud

We normally take deposits when have the 10

Thanks,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Question: Are the tubes on this specific manifold so big, that they will sit so near the frame, that it will burn off the galvanisation? Or is there enough spare?

Cheers,

redfox.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

No it's for the later cars with integral wastegate and actuator. You can as I did change to the later manifold (and indeed this one) if you also buy a new turbo and actuator. then it bolts on but you will also need to T in to the water for the cooling on the turbo and a retur in to your header tank.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

In that case, I wish Alunox the very best of luck for the future but I'm not going to invest.

I'm out. 

No it's for the later cars with integral wastegate and actuator. You can as I did change to the later manifold (and indeed this one) if you also buy a new turbo and actuator. then it bolts on but you will also need to T in to the water for the cooling on the turbo and a retur in to your header tank.

Trevor.

you only need the water connection if you go chargecooled.You can use a turbo with integral wastegate but not watercooled

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 1 month later...

Mark, 

Have you thought about posting on Lotus talk and Yahoo Turbo Esprit. It may generate more takers.

Count me in.

1) Spud

2) CarlC

3) Ed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I've just purchased an Esprit GT3 with a cracked manifold. Just wondering if there was another group buy for these manifolds in the pipeline?

Thanks
Cam

Hi Cam, this one running at the moment, once we reach 10 I will arrange for people to pay Alunox , and production will begin.

Do you want me to add you to the list.

Mark

Thanks Mark. How many are currently in? 3? I'm looking to get one pretty soon as I'm worried about rusty bits going through the turbine as well as any air leaks possibly causing the ECU to over enrich and cause bore wash.