Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
FULL DETAILS - Page 4 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

FULL DETAILS

Bibs

When I first approached my insurers to ask about a parade lap on Lotus

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Im strugling to get insurance here for the track :(

Just talked to Footman James again ... supervisior called Heather

Bottom line is that they do not cover you for any private road use .... "if the public can not gain access to the road then it is not covered"

The people who have the

Just checked the small print from FJ

It states:

"The exisitng cover under sections 1 & 2 of your document (Liability to others and Loss of or damage to your vehicles) is extended to provide cover for non-competitive purposes while your vehicle is trackside......"

The extension will not cover

>Participant to participant liability

>the first 30% of claim amount is subject to a minimum payment of

Just checked the small print from FJ

It states:

"The exisitng cover under sections 1 & 2 of your document (Liability to others and Loss of or damage to your vehicles) is extended to provide cover for non-competitive purposes while your vehicle is trackside......"

The extension will not cover

>Participant to participant liability

>the first 30% of claim amount is subject to a minimum payment of

:(:(:(:(:(

Ok here is one to make all you Footman James people happy

I talked to Alan Morgan at Club Lotus who referred me to Trevor Keefe at FJ.

I couldn

Minor Point all.

Thats

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi All,

Quick update with Admiral Insurance which is also Elephant. The sticking point is the use of the words 'Track Day'. They run a mile from this but 'Parade drive around Lotus Private road for picture taking' is a whole different story. They asked me to confirm that this is not a track day. After previously reading other forums on this same topic it appears that 'Track Day' inplies - competion, overtaking, racing or timed laps. This is not what we are doing. So the helpful lady at Admiral went off to their underwriters to check this out and have now come back to request the following items are faxed over.

1) Fax confirmation of what my intention is and that it is not a Track Day:

So I will confirm that I will be driving my car in order to follow a Lotus lead car that will take us around the private roads in the gounds of the Lotus Factory at Hethal. There is no racing, overtaking, timing of laps or any form of competition or award. The purpose of following the lead car is so my car can be photo graphed with other Esprits in motion on the private roads at the Facotry.

2) Fax details of invite to Factory or Visit Information / Itinery.

Does this sound a fair assessment of the event ? Im not trying to be deceptive but I believe that if we are following a car around a private road with pictures being taken I expect my insurance policy to cover this. Just like if I follow my mate around Tescos car park while some one takes pictures I'd be fully covered?

Please let me know if Im talking BS ?

:(:(:(:(:(

Ok here is one to make all you Footman James people happy

[snip]

Good one Gordon! Thanks for persisting with them. I'm afraid I just took the "bloody insurance companies..." route of quietly grumbling and opening my wallet. I've just spoken to them and my

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Hi All,

Quick update with Admiral Insurance which is also Elephant. The sticking point is the use of the words 'Track Day'. They run a mile from this but 'Parade drive around Lotus Private road for picture taking' is a whole different story. They asked me to confirm that this is not a track day. After previously reading other forums on this same topic it appears that 'Track Day' inplies - competion, overtaking, racing or timed laps. This is not what we are doing. So the helpful lady at Admiral went off to their underwriters to check this out and have now come back to request the following items are faxed over.

1) Fax confirmation of what my intention is and that it is not a Track Day:

So I will confirm that I will be driving my car in order to follow a Lotus lead car that will take us around the private roads in the gounds of the Lotus Factory at Hethal. There is no racing, overtaking, timing of laps or any form of competition or award. The purpose of following the lead car is so my car can be photo graphed with other Esprits in motion on the private roads at the Facotry.

2) Fax details of invite to Factory or Visit Information / Itinery.

Does this sound a fair assessment of the event ? Im not trying to be deceptive but I believe that if we are following a car around a private road with pictures being taken I expect my insurance policy to cover this. Just like if I follow my mate around Tescos car park while some one takes pictures I'd be fully covered?

Please let me know if Im talking BS ?

Ooh, Thanks for posting your progress with Admiral... I will give that a shot tonight! Did you speak to anyone in particular?

Cheers

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Good one Gordon! Thanks for persisting with them. I'm afraid I just took the "bloody insurance companies..." route of quietly grumbling and opening my wallet. I've just spoken to them and my

this is good news, indeed my thinking is this is not consecrated as a track, no helmets required and we are driving a parade lap on private property - all in all sounds extremely safe - safer than a public road infact. I'll double check w/my insurance, but sounds ok with normal ins. policy.

Bibs, what exactly is

Quote taken from indemnity document from Lotus

I confirm that I do not suffer (and have no history of suffering) from epilepsy, heart conditions or any

other medical condition that may effect my ability to drive or ride in any vehicle.

This to me says if you have or had epilepsy its a no no. I wish it did mention DVLA directly, but it doesn't

Comments anyone?

Glyn

Anyone

You can drive on the track with a safe conscience and sign the document IMHO.

1/ Your "incident" has occurred a long time ago and was a stand alone thing.

2/ The document clearly states "no history of suffering" , this means REPEATED problems, not one isolated incident because of puberty. B)

2/ You are allowed to drive on public roads.

3/ In the present time you have NO medical condition that might affect your driving ability.

GO FOR IT !!!

Ooh, Thanks for posting your progress with Admiral... I will give that a shot tonight! Did you speak to anyone in particular?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

I spoke to Sheila on the customer serivce side. She is expecting me to fax over the info shes asked for. Which Ill get lined up tonight and over to her tomorrow morning ideally. I didn't send it over today as I wanted to get some views from the group. But Ill give it a go tomorrow. If you want I can PM you directly the info im sending when its ready and let you know if i've been sucessful.

I appreciate Ill need to act quickly tomorrow given how close we are.

I will also post the details back on the forum in case anyone else needs the info. I noted that there is at least one other whos posted regarding elephant which is another trading name of Admiral and therefore I would expect them to have the same underwriters.

Fingers Crossed!

Edited by CarlC

If you want I can PM you directly the info im sending when its ready and let you know if i've been sucessful.

Yeah please, that would be much appreciated! :(

... Here's hoping!!! It would be a shame to miss out on a picture of it in its natural habitat!

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

If you're insured with an Equity Red Star policy via Richard Hosken (RH) Classic Car you should be covered too... but for the avoidance of doubt all policyholders should ring and check individually.

James,

Did you talk to RH - I am not having much joy with them, Ive now faxed them a letter t oexplain in detail - did you call them - who did you talk too ?

Thanks

James,

Did you talk to RH - I am not having much joy with them, Ive now faxed them a letter t oexplain in detail - did you call them - who did you talk too ?

Thanks

Nick

Yes, or to be strictly accurate Steve L did (Esprit's co-owner). As I understand it once he'd explained exactly what was involved the young lady concerned confirmed that our cover was fully operative. Not sure who he spoke to though... will find out if Steve made a note of her name... if so will let you know tomorrow.

James

Edited by Tentenths