Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in 2014 - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in 2014

Gabber

Well said Thomas. Absolutely!

With the debt left by the last Team any company would struggle.

In terms of parts availability Bibs is right. Lotus do well in terms of availability! There are some "Mass market" manufacturers who stop parts supply 5 years after the car is made. With others it's 10 years. It is really down to new vehicle supply and parts supply for those new models. If they have limited production and need parts for other models they won't think twice about dumping off the old model's part supply.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Lotus may have a good record for providing parts for the out-of-production classics but I have been waiting for 6 months for a replacement headlight unit for my Evora. There are none available!

Even had a response from the head of customer services basically saying sorry but with no explanation of why they have no spares nor when they expect to get any.  I suspect they cant afford to pay for another batch from the supplier and the headlight units have not been as durable as planned.

My car just needs 2 LED bulbs replacing but that requires a complete replacement headlight unit.

• Gold FFM

So it seems I need to buy a replacement headlight for £55,000 that comes with a free Evora....

My car just needs 2 LED bulbs replacing but that requires a complete replacement headlight unit.

Does it? Can you not take to it someone with a soldering iron for a repair? While not ideal I agree, it would solve your problem. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Well if the supply of original style headlamps has dried up, maybe Lotus will be forced to bring out a face-lift Evora with a new design of headlamps from another poor mug, sorry, supplier. Either that or see if there's a market out there for a special kind of supercar which you can only drive in the daylight.

Watch this space...

Does it? Can you not take to it someone with a soldering iron for a repair? While not ideal I agree, it would solve your problem. 

Cancel that unless you're willing to do it at your own risk. I understand they're unservicable sealed units.

hi

I've heard that it waits a secret investor to get the chance to take over Lotus.
But maybe that's just a rumor. Is that true? you also hear that?

I've had in the back of my mind a sneaking suspicion that someone from the Middle East or a rich investor will buy into Lotus. I don't know why and it's not based on any true information etc. It's just a gut feeling. I think someone like that would be awesome for Lotus. Not another Car Company looking for an addition to their market but a true car enthusiast with money to invest.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'd be happy to see Toyota take over.

Some stability for Lotus (at last) plus it seems like a good fit in Toyota's model line-up. They have some serious sports car aspirations which Lotus could help enormously with (if they haven't been doing so already?).

A Lotus GT86 anyone?

The dream is also to see that Lexus LF-A V10 in an Esprit. Now that I would simply have to consider. 

• Gold FFM

Didn't Toyota own Lotus in the past? Would they have another go at it if they have "been there, done that" before?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

No.

DRB are getting the ship in order, there's no denying that. It does look like their main goal is to make the company worth more than £1 and a pile of debt. They don't appear to be investing in a long term goal, just short term better quality of product and accounts.

Toyota would be great i think. Toyota has enougth money and the qualitiy of there car are amazing. The Important think is that Lotus could be Lotus in the future

I'd stick my neck out and suggest DRB are in for the long haul. They continue to invest heavily, directly and through acquisition in the automotive sector, most recently in a composites manufacturer to complement Lotus Lightweight Structures to accelerate weight reduction programmes in their auto companies.  This of course opens up more opportunities for Lotus Engineering.

And of course there are the new dealerships popping up in emerging markets. I think this demonstrates confidence that Lotus has turned the corner, financial and quality/production issues have been largely fixed and DRB feel the time is right to start promoting the brand.

But as I've said before, I am an eternal optimist...