Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MLOC @ Chatsworth - 27th July 2014 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MLOC @ Chatsworth - 27th July 2014

Guest Mutley00

Guest Mutley00

I like the idea.

How about putting it on lotusexcel.net ?

I could put a link on there

Yes please Jim as I cant remember my log on details to excel.net. I sold my Excel about 5 years ago to Pure Lotus and it was bought by the Chairman of the France Excel Club apparently.

Hope to see many Excels there for the nostalgia trip.

Regards, Andrew

• 2 months later...

Jim hope you guys still want to come along. All the details you will need will be over on the MLOC site. It should be going In the MLOC on line shop this week so you can join in the run and picnic etc but people can turn up on the day (although we would prefer people to pre-pay so we have an idea of numbers and can plan). It's not a for-profit event btw, we only charge what it costs us to put the event on.

• 2 weeks later...

hopo it might be the Silverstone Classic weekend but it's the summertime and there will always be a clash with something!

I still hope a good few of the TLF folks come along. The event is in the MLOC store now, if you follow the link above you will find it.

There is also a pub meet on the Saturday night at The Devonshire Arms Beeley - a really, really nice little spot, especially on a summer Saturday night.

A few of us (2 evoras, 1 s1 elise, 2 v6 Exiges, 3 s2 Elises, 2 s2 Exiges and a s4 Elise) had a dress rehearsal of the Chatsworth run route this morning. It went well - some really good roads and beautiful countryside.

Starting to get excited now!

There is one problem though - we haven't (so far) got enough variety coming along. Most of MLOC's members, for whatever reason, have Eliges, but almost all of us love older Lotuses. Last year, as proof, the winner of the Car of The Day competition (we all had a vote each) was an Elan Sprint. My particular passion is for early Esprits and Cortinas. Can anyone oblige?

It is a really good day and worth the effort I promise you.

Dean

What are the chances? I met the owner of a nice white s1 Esprit today. He only lives eight miles away from me! Anyway I think I persuaded him to bring it along to Chatsworth. Good times.

• Like 1

We'll be there. 

Elaine & Rich (Reg).   :thumbsup:

Dean, email me a press release and I'll add it to the news page. It'll also go on our newsletter to over 10,000 opted in subscribers :)

Bibs that's great thank you. Give me a day or so.

Dean

• Gold FFM

Dean, you have four of us coming from the Wessex Area of Club Lotus. Between us we own an Elan +2, a baby Elan, 2 M100s, a Turbo Esprit, 2 Europas, 2 Series 1 Elises, a series 2 Elise. 

Hopefully we will bring out the older ones for you to satisfy your yearning for older cars. 

I couldn't get onto your online shop for some reason. How much do you want and how? PM me if you would like to.

Regards

Kevin

Bibs I screwed up!  I have been busy at work, what can I tell you?  I will get on it now, thank you for your patience.

Kevin you have answered my prayers you beauty!  All you need to do to get in to the online shop is register on MLOC.  It only takes a minute and is free.  Is that ok?  Let me know if not.

Dean

Bibs I have tried to email you via the "contact us" facility.  Do you have it?  Is it ok?  Feel free to edit it as you wish.

Thanks for the support.  If you ever need a favour from MLOC just shout.

:-)

Yay!

I particularly like that picture cos that's my s2 Elise at the top!

A few MLOCers were over Chatsworth way again this morning and it was glorious. If we get today's weather on the day it will be amazing.

We now have a posse of five red Eclats and an Excel Celebration coming along which I am particularly excited about. They are all paid up definites. Marvelous.

Kevin are you and your mates from Wessex signed (paid!) up yet?

I can't stress enough how excited I and the rest of us in MLOC get when we hear of new folks signing up to this event. Groups of Lotus owning mates are even better!

On a sadder note we still have no Lotus Cortinas coming yet :-(

Can anyone oblige?

Dean

Kevin sorry I have only just seen your last post - I have had a lot on this last few days. Can I ask you to pay via the MLOC online store please? You need to sign up for MLOC but it's free and only takes a minute.

If you really rather wouldn't can I ask you to call me so I can get the info I need and you could post a cheque. My mobile number is 07877207679. Thanks.

The event is shaping up nicely btw. The numbers are steadily increasing - but we could always use more!

Anyone else fancy it?

We still don't have any Lotus Cortinas, Sunbeams or Carltons. We also need original Elites and Europas.

The MLOC Chatsworth Raffle Prize List is almost complete, heres whats on offer so far

Lotus Hard Top supplied by Lots Hards Tops

Lotus Evora Track Experience supplied by Lotus Silverstone

Track Day Evening, Donnington Park supplied by Book a Track

2 x Lotus Factory Tour Passes supplied by Lotus Cars

Classic Team Lotus Short Sleeve Shirt supplied by Classic Team Lotus

Classic Team Lotus 'Gold Leaf' Jacket supplied by Classic Team Lotus

'A' Service supplied by Allon White Sports Cars

MLOC Beanie Hat

MLOC Polo Shirt

£50 Elise Parts Voucher supplied by Elise Parts

'A' Service supplied by Gav at Unit 4

£150 Discount Voucher supplied by Adrian Flux Insurance

There will be more on the day, its worth coming along just for the raffle!