Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
THANK YOU ! - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

THANK YOU !

alan

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Kimbers, Bibs et al for organising such a great day. Also thanks to everyone involved at the factory and to Geoff and Brian for their talks.

Highlight for me was the drive round the track, lucky to get out before it rained and had some real fun (all at below 70mph of course...). Had to leave before the last cars went around the track so I hope no one had any problems with a wet track - also hope everyone made it home OK on the very wet roads.

Brilliant day & great to catch up with faces old & new.

Alan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back - car in one piece but filthy after all that nasty wet stuff on way home. Hope everyone else managed to return themselves and hardware safely.

Really enjoyed this once in a life time event which was really well organised, so a big well done guys.

Track was great and really impressed with how the old girl performed (Car that is !)

Hope things get better for our beloved Lotus Cars.......

John

Dito - absolutly superb couple of days. Also think Laura (Bib's other half) deserves a big round, everytime I saw her she was doing something on the organising front - just a huge thanks to all that helped out !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Here, Here !!!

Just landed, and feel completely knackered!!

I couldn't have coped with any more !!!

You guys are all great - like one big family, and words cannot express my thanks and gratitude to Bibs and Kimbers.

After just 3 years of ownership it just gets better and better

Thanks once again

Glyn n Jill

Strange to see the counter counting up now !!

Edited by glynherron

yep, it was a great day, thanks to bibs and kimbers & all the other ppl that made the day happen.

was amazed how well the car went on the track, I think I'm going to have to do a track day now

cheers

andy

Fan bloody tastic !!!!

What a great couple of days, thanks to all involved especially Bibs, Kimbers & all the girls & guys at Lotus. To look after 200 odd people takes some doing.

A big thanks to all the LEF members, what a great bunch.

What's next ???????????

Keith.

Fantastic couple of days, could have asked for better, really couldn't have asked for anything that good. Everything appeared to go smoothly, I guess it wasn't easy behind the scenes. But thanks.

Even the weather wasn't really against us, have you got some "special" connections there as well?

Thanks to everyone involved.

Andy

A great couple of days with great people! Unfortunately Sue and had to leave early and missed the parade lap, so we're looking forward to seeing the piccys and hearing all about it. I big thankyou to all the folks that made this very special event happen.

Yes i'll second that BIG thanks to ALL for a brilliant couple of days. :lol:

Regards,

Darryl & Maria

Edited by darryl

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

A big Thanks to ALL for a wonderful couple of days don't think i'll forget them in a hurry.

Surprised Bibs partner dident get a bottle last night hopefully Bibs will let her have a wee dram?

Cheers Darryl :lol:

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Had a really great day at the factory! Thanks to all who organised it and to the Lotus staff who were perfect. The forums were spot on, interesting, relaxed atmosphere, all the answers :lol:. Test driving the Europa was quite special and completely changed my opinion of the car! It was lovely to meet some of you on the day and great to see all of the Esprits lined up in the car park. Next time I will hopefully bring my own Esprit rather than the Golf - that will teach me to try and re-paint the car in a weekend... :lol:

I think an Esprit (couldn't see car body but assume from those who stopped - both Esprits) went off on the M11 between jnc 13 and 12 (I think) on the way back to London. I can't report any details I'm afraid other than the driver was absolutely fine not sure about the car as it was dark and conversation was very short due to torrential rain and standing on the side of a motorway. The AA were on their way. From the way it was facing (headlights facing traffic) I assume the back end went. I hope the car was ok and that everyone got home safely.

Next year? :lol:

Edited by Goose
banner-1.jpg

Same here guys. What an excellent weekend. Thanks to all who devoted their time to make it happen.

What a great atmosphere, not to mention the fantastic company of all the people we met. You know who you are :lol:

Weather was great, right up to the last hour. How good was that :lol:

Loved the (Slow! NOT ) parade laps.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Yeah cheers to Bibs and Kimbers (great guys)

I've had my Esprit about 9 months now and have only been a "Lotus Esprit Forum" member a few months, so being new i thought it may be tricky.

However, thanks to the event I now have many new friends and been able to put faces to names. Great to meet everyone and share your experiences.

What a MAGICAL couple of days..........................

Jedijohn69

(P.S - Whats next)

What can i say that hasn't been said but Thank You

and i aggree , Laura should get a mention more often Well Done :lol:

a brilliant 2 days that i will always remember and

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

I can't believe there's loads of you I either didn't meet or didn't meet 'by name' :(

Next time eh?! :D

I was going to just post this:

r_DSC_00451.JPG

...with the caption "Speechless!"

...but I'm so not!

Awesome Awesome Awesome!

Just to REALLY put the exclamation mark on the day for me... at some point between arriving at Hethel and getting home (bone dry roads in London! :o ) My wastgate seems to have started working - PROPERLY - ie better than it ever did before!! Needle goes straight up now :o

There's either something about being it being back at Hethel or someone generously did some sneaky work on it behind my back!! :D

I think I quite like both theories!!! :lol:

VroooOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM! :(:lol: :lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

wow, wow, thanks, thanks, great day, thank you Bibs, Kimbers, Laura and all at Lotus, I had great day out, even got lost up a farm track after dropping Wayne off at his dads house ( sat nav) got home about 11

Wayne says hi to you all and will catch up when he gets home

Edited by Evil_Dr_Fish

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Joanne and I also want to say a big THANK YOU for a fantastic couple of days. :D:D:D

Met some really wonderful people and made a few more friends from the Lotus Community.

The Great Yarmouth Parade was fantastic - and the looks we got from from the public were great.. The bloke in the coffee shop said it made an amazing site.

And to top it all - the Factory visit and track parade.

THANK YOU

:D:D:D:D

Matt

Top weekend!

Thanks to Bibs and Tony for organising it.

Parade laps were much better then I expected. Managed to get the first run out which meant more laps, sorry guys if you went out later. My tyres were that hot after that they melted the white paint in the car park!

Chance in a life time for me to visit the factory. I'll not see that view with nearly 100 Esprit again in a hurry.

It was nice for Mike to be so involved in the week end, so thanks to him also.

The test drive of the Europa (whoops need to check I can say anything about this as I signed a non disclosure form?).

Once again, masive thanks, sorry I didn't meet everyone on the forum.

Yep, as the others have said. Many thanks to Bibs, Kimbers, Laura, Troy and everyone else involved in the organisation and preparation for the visit. It was a fantastic weekend and great to meet everone and see so many Esprit' in one place.

The 'parade' was great fun and has probably answered the question of whether or not to track the Esprit... fantastic!!! That, the factory tour, the Yarmouth parade, the evening auction/words from MJK... One to remember!!!

Thank you.

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Great Day and we can all die happy now after driving our Esprits around the Lotus track (even if I got a very wet lap and was running in the engine and bedding in the brakes!).

Bibs and Kimbers did a great job. Not only the organising, which was faultless, but the hosting! The auction was a brilliant comedy act! Plus we raised

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

Guest Troy Halliday

Just like to add my name to the list of thanks for all the hard work from Bibs, Kimbers, Mrs Bibs ( :D ) and the staff at Lotus that made this weekend posible. I know just how hard they all worked on this and have a small insite into a fraction of headackes they had.

Just for the record I had nothing to do with organising any of this it was all the hard work of a few exceptional people.

Thanks guys you are great!