Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classic Team Lotus anyone ? - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Team Lotus anyone ?

Jonathan

Was going to go with the Elise crew this summer but side-stepped it :D (fewl)

In light of the hugely succesful factory day I just wanna get out and go up there again !

Lotus F1/racing is really my passion so it's a no-brainer for me - I've actually got an invitation here with contact details and so on + what the day includes :

* Welcome by Clive Chapman

* Tour of the workshops

* Pitstop wheel change challeneg :D

* Racing history presentation

* Photo opportunities

and so on.

Link is Classic Team Lotus

I know we're running out of good days this year but it's all inside by the looks of things so weather shouldn't be too harsh - 1/2 tempted to hole up at the golf club again for the night (as long as the night porter doesn't phone me up in the middle of the night to tell me my fookin car has no ### plate on it again :D )

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to go with the Elise crew this summer but side-stepped it :( (fewl)

In light of the hugely succesful factory day I just wanna get out and go up there again !

Lotus F1/racing is really my passion so it's a no-brainer for me - I've actually got an invitation here with contact details and so on + what the day includes :

* Welcome by Clive Chapman

* Tour of the workshops

* Pitstop wheel change challeneg :D

* Racing history presentation

* Photo opportunities

and so on.

Link is Classic Team Lotus

I know we're running out of good days this year but it's all inside by the looks of things so weather shouldn't be too harsh - 1/2 tempted to hole up at the golf club again for the night (as long as the night porter doesn't phone me up in the middle of the night to tell me my fookin car has no ### plate on it again :( )

Yep I'd be up for that

Clive Chapmans guys do a great job in keeping those babies going

Got the Lotus DVD from the CTL stand last year which features Chapman Snr conducting affairs at the height of Lotus F1. Also film of Fitipaldi driving the F1 car at Festival of Speed 2005 - awesome :D

(as long as the night porter doesn't phone me up in the middle of the night to tell me my fookin car has no ### plate on it again :( )

We were still up, lightweight! And at your age too!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

At 6am ? isch dont think so...

Even the guy at the factory stopped me and said

"you have no front plate"

"yes I know"

One to think about next year then as only John wants to go :(

Too soon after the factory visit I guess, just want something new to look forward to :(

Link should work now

.co.uk instead of .com

hi,

ok it works :)

thank's

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

• Gold FFM
At 6am ? isch dont think so...

Even the guy at the factory stopped me and said

"you have no front plate"

"yes I know"

One to think about next year then as only John wants to go :blink:

Too soon after the factory visit I guess, just want something new to look forward to :lol:

I would be up for this. Some time next year - be good to get date in diary and something else to look forward to - even if 12 months time. :P

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

How did I miss this before?

Definitely count me in for this Jono... for visit and overnighting at the Wensum Valley.

Wonder if they're open at weekends? If so maybe we could do Classic Team Lotus on, say, Saturday and then Snetterton on the Sunday?

James

Jon

Let me know and I'll speak to Clive via the old man.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I understand it is too close to the previous meet - why dont we pencil it in for march or something next year ? Personally I'm a rain or shine chap but something this special I would rather go on a day that I would enjoy more (ie dry and cold....gotta think of them turbos).

After what MJK said about bringing everyone back to the factory I had wondered what more us owners can do for the place on and off the field as it were.

I'd be up for this with a couple of mates?

Always fancied going as a fellow F1 Groupie.

In fact thats what really got me into an Esprit..........................