Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 41 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cool idea to hide the controls they are not the best looking things to clutter up the dash., that has just reminded me i need to get some of those plastic ends for the heater controls for my s3 or look at alloy ones. :)

A

Love it Luke but given the state of my potholed drive, I think having the ability to lift mine as far the other way would be very useful. Add in 4 x 4 and it would be a true Lambo competitor (or landy come to that lol)

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Wow well neat - looks very smooth

dare I say - as smooth as a Citroen bx :sofa:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

6 hours ago, CharlieCroker said:

Little vid of the panther in air ride action ;-) 

Absolutely superb! Want this on mine! Will not have, but want, want, WANT!!!

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

dare I say - as smooth as a Citroen bx :sofa:

Barry, sub line to your username says it all!!! :ermm::lol::lol:

• Like 1

Great video, looks superb.  It is amazing how different they look when low from the side, they look like a stream lined shark.:)

I would love to see what one of these look like with the back arch cut and replaced with a front arch so it lines up with the front bodyline also. 

then put staggered wheels on to fill the back end a bit like the evora did to blend the bigger back end say a 18" or 19" wheel and a smaller on on the front.

Plenty of bare body shells about for these due to the stripping for bits in the past, just glad i do not have the storage space for another project or this would be taking place right now.:P

Awesome car Luke you should be very proud of your work on the car it looks fantastic. :)

• Like 1

A

Cheers lads, and yes, it is smoother than I was expecting, I suppose the new technology in air bags helps, but in all honesty I've been through the car from back end to front more times than I can remember to ensure nothing snags anywhere in the up or down position and the smoothness I suppose is reflected in that hard work, and I take the citroen comment as a compliment they've been at it for years so if I get anywhere near that I must be doing something right. Hoping to do some road tests today, I shall report back with my findings. 

Edited by CharlieCroker
  • Like 1

Looks great. i need that on the Esprit V8 to get on to some of those ferries. Looks as if its touch and go for getting my Excel back on the road for the 8th May.

The leather trimmer is taking for ever. i hope the wait is worthwhile.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Love to see some outside shots chap - and the Citroen comment was indeed a compliment B-). A real credit to your work and the attention to detail.

im really hoping to see the panther in the flesh soon

• Like 1

Only here once

If all goes to plan we'll be at the lotus festival on the 8th may along with the air ride esprit you may already know about, which is going through a bit of a transformation as we speak, but I'll let Dean tell you all about it on the day. Here's a clip of my air gauges lighting up.

https://vimeo.com/159596726

• Like 1

Little birdy tells me a colour change has taken place and custom wheels have been ordered, you heard it first here. Gunna be a good show, really looking forward to it, first show of the season for me. All the best, Charlie ;-)

3 minutes ago, CharlieCroker said:

Little birdy tells me a colour change has taken place and custom wheels have been ordered, you heard it first here. Gunna be a good show, really looking forward to it, first show of the season for me. All the best, Charlie ;-)

Very intresting, look forward to seeing what Dean has done with the car, Sounds like he has been busy if he has changed the colour. :)

A

Don't get this air ride esprit mixed up with Robs white esprit. The esprit I'm talking about has the V6 alfaromeo engine conversion with massive velocity stacks sticking out the back, multi award winning car and is about to look even better from the stealth photos I've seen. Make sure you bring your cameras chaps, gunna be a whole lot of lotus going on! 

1 hour ago, CharlieCroker said:

Don't get this air ride esprit mixed up with Robs white esprit. The esprit I'm talking about has the V6 alfaromeo engine conversion with massive velocity stacks sticking out the back, multi award winning car and is about to look even better from the stealth photos I've seen. Make sure you bring your cameras chaps, gunna be a whole lot of lotus going on! 

My bad :P  yes nice motor that blue/silver car, yes it has got a hell of a lot of attention. I remember seeing that car for sale ages ago and it had the V6 renault engine in it, but otherwise it was standard. I think of memory it was from Ireland. ?   Hope robs white one is ok though as he has not posted in a while. 

A

39 minutes ago, CharlieCroker said:

Morning gentlemen, finally got my air management in place and had a light road test this morning while the roads where nice and clear. Very happy to report no issues. So very tentatively I started out listening for noises and such but immediately I could tell things were running smoothly... so what does a gentleman do in this situation? Well one puts ones foot down of course! So after a good 20 minutes of blasting about I brought her back into the pits and gave it the once over visually and everything was still in place, must be a good thing. Here's a vid a and a photo taken this very morning. All the best Charlie, see you on the 8th ;-)

20160320_092450_zps3k0w12x7.jpg

https://vimeo.com/159671811

Looking great. I do love this build, even though it goes against the builds I've done before. Well thought out and well made. Kudos to you, sir!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Thought you might like this rat rod I saw at work today! :sofa:

IMAG1120.jpg

it has the gas monkey garage patena but it sure looks like it needs a lot of work to get back on the road lol :P

A

Massive diesel engine, big bore snorkel exhaust, 20" chromed slotmags, rollcage, a pair of bucket racing seats, and a skull head gearknob and you might just get my attention haha...