Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 32 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

• Gold FFM

Rob, Charlie, any of the two of you going to make Brands this year, would love to see the cars.

• Gold FFM

The weekend before that - go on come along - it'd be great to see your motor

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/75725-part-time-marshal-volunteers-needed-free-tickets/

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Charlie! where are you driving from, we are coming from North of Aberdeen so anywhere South of the border is a short trip. Get it down there man, people want to see the engineering on both cars, well I do anyway.

• Like 1

I would like to go but not sure if I will have the time to spare! still have 99 problems and counting!
I am going to classics in the castle 19th july at sherborne never been before but looks promising, its also a Lotus Feature day.

I didn't plan to make the brandshatch show and as it's so close to the RR gathering it's unlikely that I'll be there. However JPW you are welcome to stop off halfway on your epic journey from Scotland to the south at my place for a cuppa and see the panther for real if you want.

• Gold FFM

Thanks Charlie, ping me back your details and we can leave a bit earlier to have a look at this cracking piece of engineering. On another note, your car it was being discussed by several local lotus officiandos at our Scottish show over both Saturday and Sunday and all but one were positive.

• Like 1

you answered my post on boot and washer bottle the other night just found your rebuild thread thought I was potty starting with a new chassis well done some serious graft, pissed myself at the kid who said he stood on his wheel centres by accident.

well impressed they aint the easiest cars to work on

• Like 1

Got its photoshoot with RetroCars magazine next week, think I'll give it a mop before hand, make it it really pop, redo the brushed aluminium bright work and detail the f*#k out of the interior.  After all, one is representing Lotus, can't be seen in public all shoody now can we! Oh and if all goes well I'll be at silverstone this sunday on the FastCar stand in the retro modified section.

I buffed and waxed my paintwork last night and blimey she's come up well shiny! I'd herd about carnauba wax and that this is the best stuff and all that, so I bought a bottle, well I can say it's bloody great stuff. Supwr easy to apply and easy to buff off and instant shine. Difficult to see in the photo but you could eat your dinner of off it.

2015-07-17%2011.50.31_zpsczpq6ijh.png

The higher te content of Carnauba wax, the harder it is to apply and buff.

Currently using 75% white carnauba and you have to do one panel at a time.

You end up with a very wet look sheen :D

The more you apply the better it gets.

• Like 1

So a double wax would come up with an even deeper shine? Oh and I forgot to mention, I redid the interior also with leather treatment. I've never seen the leather cream get absorbed so quickly, I put a massive blob on a cloth, applied with one swipe and the food was gone! Have to say though it's certainly improved the leather, definitely softer and a nice scent coming through as you open the door. Gunna redo the brushed aluminium this evening.

The more layers you add, the better the result.

You are effectively adding a clear coat layer.

The difference in layers becomes less and less noticeable though so its up to you when you stop.

I tend to think 2 is enough.

• Like 1