Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Written off - Page 3 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Written off

red bullet

:( Sorry to hear about this, got wind of it Monday evening. Totally gutted for you.

Glad you are unharmed and hope you are back on the road with the 'silverbullet' soon

Cliff :(

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gutted for you :( really hope you get sorted without any hassle Alex.

Glad you are ok.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Thanks alot to all of you.

The assessor has been & has confirmed the car is a write off, parts alone pushing over 12k.......& thats without finding any chassis damage.

Anyway i'm going to save up some cash & buy a later V8 in 6months/year depending on cash situation & pay out amount.

Thanks again & remember any V8 driver out there, when the weathers that bad, drive like the district nurse on her rounds! :(

Alex,

Bad luck. at least no one was hurt! I know how you feel i smashed up my M3 the other week not quite the same as the Lotus but i'd only had it a couple of months. Its upsetting cause you think about all the things that could have happened to make it worse! Think of the positives. There are a couple of s350's for sale on lew!

Take care

Andy

Alex,

Bad luck. at least no one was hurt! I know how you feel i smashed up my M3 the other week not quite the same as the Lotus but i'd only had it a couple of months. Its upsetting cause you think about all the things that could have happened to make it worse! Think of the positives. There are a couple of s350's for sale on lew!

Take care

Andy

Thanks Andy, sorry to hear about the M3 & hope you werent hurt, was it a CSL?

Don't know anything to say to make you feel better.

Hope you can get the car back on the road soon.

Mine took 5 months...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Sorry to here it's not saveable Alex. Worth looking to find a good replacement. The guy who took me for a teat drive in the Europa was selling a silver one I think.

Guy's you don't want to be driving like the nurse. Carolyn's a DN and used my AMG kitted merc for doing her rounds!!!!!!!!!! She'd love to take the v8 but I don't think the insurance would cover it. lol

Hope to see you in a replacement soon though Alex.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Alex, Very sorry to hear of your accident, Glad your ok.

I know exectly what your going though, having witten off a 52 plate V8 last October in idential conditions.

45/50 mph, motorway, wet road, straight line, and very slightly too much accelerator.

I had every intention of going to the factory meeting but having read the weather forecast for the day I chickened out when I knew there was going to be I high probability of driving home in heavy rain.

I no longer do Esprit/wet/motorway!

My wife found my replacment within 24 hours on LEW, luckily the guy was in no rush to sell as Direct Line

dragged their feet over her value for 6 weeks.

Best of luck on your search

Regards Mark

• 1 month later...

Sorry to sound obtuse but... YES!

It depends who buys it?

If a 'Troy' bought it then it would probably get rebuilt!

If a breaker bought it then any good bits of body would be cut off to be sold as repair sections and then all the parts would be sold individually.

In the UK a Cat D write off means "Beyond economic Repair" C, B & A increase in severity to the point where (iirc) a Category A write off means that its SO fff-ed up that not merely should the car not ever be returned to the road but that the whole thing must be crushed and not even stripped for spares! :mellow:

(I *think* a C can just about be returned to the road after an 'official' inspection / approval and a Cat B must not be returned to the road but can be stripped)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Spot on Robin...

Category A

A vehicle which should have been totally crushed, including all its spare parts.

Category B

A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road.

Category C

An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category D

A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category F

A vehicle damaged by fire, which the insurer has decided not to repair.

Theft

These vehicles have not been recovered and ownership rests with the insurer who made the total loss payment. They are able to repossess the car as soon as it is identified, even if it has been bought innocently.

Vehicles categorised as A, B or C require a VIC test before the DVLA will issue a new registration document. This will then be noted on the V5C.

I bought espritnutters V8 (mark Sweetland) and am very close now to getting the body repainted.

I seem to be spending my time either in bed, at work or eating, and nothing else!!!

You never know who it'll end up with - just like me

I wish I had room and I'd get another ready for when this is finished !!!

Fingers crossed

Glyn