Vulcan Meet

Jonathan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really sorry Maurice. Have talked it through with GHQ and we simply cant get back from Castle Combe, do what has to be done, and then drive on up to the meet in the time available. Such a shame I was looking fwd to it. Hope it goes well.

Cheers

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Tomorrow is D-Day for me - if Lotus haven't got my front springs by then I wont make it either as I am off the next week in Italy for a week and the car hasn't any front wheels.

I'll be furious if I can't make it, however I am 75% sure I can come along with my folks car (pansy Civic but hey...it works) - I just really really really want to take the Esprit !!! :coffee:

EDIT - Busted, worked so hard to get the Esprit ready but it's beyond reach now (missing an MOT !)

Might come along in the Honda but tbh we land at 5am that morning I think so depends how knackered I am.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Does anyone believe in fate ?

I've just had a breakage on the car and I can't make it either now. Worked my butt off since Wednesday trying to get it back together despite about 15 breakages and problems and being almost permanently at work from Thursday 6am to only be screwed over by a nylock nut which has lost its insert (I mean...HOW ?!) and the nut is shaking loose. On the ball joint 7/16" which i dont carry in my stock so there is no question of driving the car now - I could chase my ass off trying to get another nut but I know something else will go wrong.....it's been that kind of week.

Pete, the Vulcan 'should' fly at the Falklands memorial in The Mall, London Sunday 17th June.

Don't hold your breath though.

I think your right Jonathan,fate may be warning you.

I believe that 558 won't be ready for the Falklands flypast.

The current status is:

Airframe

Many of the systems are being rebuilt with the Oxygen system actually having oxygen in it, there

Maurice,

How did it go yesterday?

Thanks for the update about the progress. Shame that it looks like the Vulcan will not make the Falklands fly by. Hopefully it will be ready for RIAT on the 14th & 15th July. If all goes well I'll get to that one.

Regards,

Peter.

I think your right Jonathan,fate may be warning you.

I believe that 558 won't be ready for the Falklands flypast.

The current status is:

Airframe

Many of the systems are being rebuilt with the Oxygen system actually having oxygen in it, there

Plane was from late from Rome anyways after a technical fault (not good news when you're terrified of flying !) - didn't get in until gone 4am.

Any news on how it went ?

Plane was from late from Rome anyways after a technical fault (not good news when you're terrified of flying !) - didn't get in until gone 4am.

Any news on how it went ?

Yeah - it was cold, wet and there were no Esprits :)

But hey after what you guys did at Castle Coombe it was still a fantastic weekend.

But 4 of us in Elans from LEC went to meet you guys anyway, just a shame you all had technical problems, fatigue or just plain commom sense :)

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

A pie munching, meths swigging, IT illiterate sheepshagger from "the other side" suggested I post this link for you:

brunty_1_120.jpg

That was the right one wasn't it Dave Eds? :realmad:

Edited by Geoff

Geoff Smith

LotusElanCentral.com and BOLLECKS† founder

[†Bristol and Outlying Lands Lotus Elan Central Knowledge and Support]

A pie munching, meths swigging, IT illiterate sheepshagger from "the other side" suggested I post this link for you:

He sounds like my kinda guy :devil:

Really? :realmad:

Geoff Smith

LotusElanCentral.com and BOLLECKS† founder

[†Bristol and Outlying Lands Lotus Elan Central Knowledge and Support]

look the man is into penguins so nothing surprises me anymore

oxfordapril06005.jpg

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

brunty_1_120.jpg

That was the right one wasn't it Dave Eds? :realmad:

post-3577-1180991961.jpg

No Geoffrey I think he was referring to this :devil:

Edited by Bibs
Fixed attachments - Bibs

Dave.