Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Has my wiper motor packed up? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Has my wiper motor packed up?

Hello All,

Over a 500 miles road trip over the weekend, and luckily after the hail and rainstorm, my wipers played up and now don't work.

I was stopped at some lights and used the windscreen washer, the wiper came half way across the screen, and stopped, I pulled the stalk again, and it seemed like it thought it was in rest position so the wiper proceeded to wipe but bumping into the end of the screen repeatedly before stopping completely. Now when I try to turn the wipers on the motor makes noise, the arm attempts to move, but doesn't have the power to. Last owner never took the car out unless it was sunny and lovely, so lack of use, and then sudden heavy use killed it I guess.

Is the wiper motor buggered? Or is there something I can reset? Had a little look at parts, do I just need a new motor, or the assembly too? Where best to get this? Is it the same as off another car and I can just buy that part for cheaper? 

I also see the motor replacement is a clam off job, as luck would have it the clam is coming off next week anyway for some repairs so I can do it then.

Thanks in advance

Tom

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I take it you've checked that the pivot nut is tight?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.