Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
World's ugliest Esprit for sale - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

World's ugliest Esprit for sale

Mark Blanchard

I'm not the biggest stickler among us for originality so I was hoping to see something interesting here, but there isn't a single change I've spotted that I've learned to love.  Poor machine's been made over a bit like a cheap Peugeot, good intentions or not.  The rear view's less terrifying, but not one I can see blending in with the road-car design.

Still, it's low mileage (assuming that's more honest than the bodywork) and offered 'without reserve', so maybe someone will make a good car again out of it yet ;)

Direct link to the AA auction:

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=AS14&ID=r1123

Wow. Just Wow, I thought, I gots to have me some of that!

It almost seems like the person who, uh, sculpted this particular beauty spent some time admiring the gills on a garishly colored tropical fish and molded the gills into the "show" car. Then, possibly after attending their nephew's fourth birthday party, they divined more inspiration a birthday cake--imagining what a giant wad of vanilla frosting would look like smeared it down its sides with a putty knife--while simultaneously shoving four wood burning stove pipes into the rear end of the cake.

--Scott

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

Haha, that's Karls old car I have some pics somewhere of it. I think I upset him, meeting him for the first time and calling it a monstrosity that should never have made it past the "you know what would be a good idea?" Stage.

IMGP2607.jpg

What ever happened to that car Bibbo?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Another throw up in ur mouth moment..mind u the s3 n/a on ebay at the moment with that stupid spoiler is just as much an embarrassment..at least with that one theres a chance a recovering the bodywork to how it should be... I mean did he not realise the engines in the middle when he fitted those stupid bonnet and wing 'cooling' vents?

I take it Karl doesn't get on here any more? Whilst an attention whore and having rhino tough skin, he could occasionally be wounded by comments on his creation and generally everyone trod carefully. By the above this seems to have gone out the window!

Personally my only gripe was that he started off with a wonderfully original, low mileage little sweety of a GT3. If he had slapped all the bodge and paint on a rough old car and saved it from the scrapper that would have been different. Interesting he has returned it to nearly the colour it started as!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

There seems to be a truism which one disregards at one's peril. Adding things = bad; taking things off and simplifying = good; trying to do better than the original designer = extreeeeeemly difficult, and beyond anyone whose name isn't Giugiaro...(!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

What the hell have they done to the suspension on that G car? Have they removed it all together?

Must admit the one thing I have NEVER heard from a Lotus owner is "Gee, I wish it could be lower!".

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Here is a sympathetically modified S1.  Well done.

34351_zps52df0e41.jpg

It actually reminds me a little of a DeTomaso........

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

ARGGHHHH Stop it! You'll give me nightmares!