Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
whats this ?and where do the wires go ?(with pics) - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

whats this ?and where do the wires go ?(with pics)

leeds1972

hey guys,was doing a bit of work on the esprit.trying to get her going after removing /replacing the boot floor.didnt have a spark anymore,which turned out to be one of the two wires from the distributor had broken somehow.anyway in the process of all this I noticed this component (see pic) and two wires close to it disconnected.thing is I presume they go on but which way round ? youll notice the component has two males to connect to.one small(radio speaker size) and one normal.but the wires are two normal size females.thanks,steve.the wires are brown with white stripe and whit and brown.the component is to the left of the oil filter and in front of the dizzy.thanks steve

post-15881-0-98574600-1397991007.jpg

post-15881-0-96234500-1397991030.jpg

• Like 1

thanx.yes I just worked out that it fed the pressure gauge.im actually gonna change the spades as theyre so very very loose and theyre in a position which is awkward to get to haha.thanks for the info,steve

You cannot switch those oil sender leads. (Don't ask me how I know this!  :huh:  )

The spiral-striped one goes to the FORWARD side. Otherwise the oil pressure gauge will PEG at key-on. :realmad:

PS, good plan, removing and cleaning the terminal and bolt surfaces. This eliminated an erratic oil pressure reading I had lived with for 15 years....

post-424-0-80514700-1398005095.jpg

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

One spade is smaller than the other, one would hope that the wire terminals are similarly sized. Why Lotus decided to use brown-white and white-brown is a mystery.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages